Sign in to follow this  

Who says chest protectors only work for...

Roost!

I cased a jump yesterday and went clear over the bars. As I was heading to-wards terrafirma, all I could only think was " not my shoulder again" - (Busted it from last years fall and now have a plate a screws in my clavicle). That Fox Air frame took a massive blow and my shoulder and survived it. Can't same much for the rest of my body. The impact literally melted the sticker off the plastic.

my chest protector has so many batte scars on it. If I didn't wear one, those battle scars would be on my body! and skin is way softer than plastic.

my chest protector has so many batte scars on it. If I didn't wear one, those battle scars would be on my body! and skin is way softer than plastic.

Yeah and protectors are cheaper than surgery. :thumbsup:

They are really just "roost deflectors", which might luckily save you from some other kind of impact. But I wish they were even more protective.

There was a post a while back by someone who was using hockey pads with the roost deflector attached to the front. If someone were to start selling that, I'd buy it. There is no such thing as too much protection, especially if you are 40, like me.

Broken collar bone $5,000, roost deflector $150, being able to go to work on monday morning... priceless!

I have a Thore core chest protector and went over the bars as you did and it helped alot still broke the colar bone but not near as bad as without it

They are good to ride with and quick to take off

OOPS did it twice somehow

you can say that again :ride: i always wear mine :thumbsup: they do help a bit.

They are really just "roost deflectors", which might luckily save you from some other kind of impact. But I wish they were even more protective.

There was a post a while back by someone who was using hockey pads with the roost deflector attached to the front. If someone were to start selling that, I'd buy it. There is no such thing as too much protection, especially if you are 40, like me.

Broken collar bone $5,000, roost deflector $150, being able to go to work on monday morning... priceless!

Cooper (the hockey equipment) tried to sell something like that in the mid 80's. It didn't last long on the market. Try looking at the Shift Pressure suits. Those might be what you want.

They are really just "roost deflectors", which might luckily save you from some other kind of impact. But I wish they were even more protective. There is no such thing as too much protection, especially if you are 40, like me.

The Thor Aftershock (http://shop.thumpertalk.com/catalogs/Parts_Unlimited_Offroad_2006/default.asp?p=145&s=2) has the most protection available. :thumbsup:

It may be too big for the "Too Cool" crew, but I love mine.

I landed short and crossed-up on a 40' table top. The bike kicked, swapped, and landed sideways, and I rang my Bell on the ground. I staggered away unhurt, rested a bit, then rode the rest of the day. While taking a break later on, my friend pointed out a big black smudge at the center of my chest protector - the plastic was split and I had a little scratch on my sternum. It turned out that I had taken a handlebar end in the chest and didn't even know it. Thanks, Thor!

I have the Air-Frame, I love it too. It's took some bad beatings.

I have the Air-Frame, I love it too. It's took some bad beatings.

I also have the airframe and it has saved me from having scabs as nipples. :thumbsup: