Sign in to follow this  

Stonyford Riding Trip: Aug 19-20 2006

RIDERS member Paul would like to invite you to Stonyford:

"Just me and my dog - Lets ride !"

Only a week out but plenty of time to get there ! Just click the magic blue RSVP button if you would like to come !

081906_stonyford_stats.gif

Hey, I'd like to join you next weekend but when i try the magic blue button nothing happens. I ride there alot and I am familiar with the trails. Please reply if the ride is still on.

I just got back from stony. It was so much fun I had a blast. It got a little hot in the afternoon. I got lost about 5 times even with the good map you get from the ranger station. Some trails are not marked at certain intersections. I was dodgeing tree logs, ducking under branches, climbing hills, dude talk about a fun place.

You wern't the ones I almost ran into and ate it hard trying to get out of the way were you renner?

Maybe I should be asking you the same question. haha. Well, I kept on the right side the whole time unlike others out there. I know it is scary when you ride for 30 minutes and not see anybody, then all of a sudden bwwaaa!!! Right there. Most people tell you how many are behind them so you have a little heads up for the buddies behind him. Some of those trails are insane! There are some steep cliffs as well.

Well then it wasn't you hehe, I was on the right side and both riders were heading right at me. Had I swerved left would have been a head on and someone was going over a cliff. I chose the lay it down option...

The guy in front was 50 yards past me before he even knew I crashed, the second dude was cool though and stopped and picked my bike up off of me hehe.

Granted, we were both booking and hadn't seen any other riders all day. Pretty much like you said, you take for granted that there arn't many people out there and open it up a little more then you should

:thumbsup:

i would love to go but i am limiting my riding to the high sierras until the rain falls. Stony is going to be one dusty sob

I'm looking for a good ride this weekend. Not sure if I'll camp overnight. I'm comming from Sacramento, so perhaps somebody else might want to hitch a ride with me. Seems a shame to drive all that way alone. PM me if any takers.

i would love to go but i am limiting my riding to the high sierras until the rain falls. Stony is going to be one dusty sob

Yup, my airfilter was pretty dirty. Just don't ride behind quads.

Do you have a ride time and meeting spot?

The guy "paul" that organized the trip informed me that he will be posted up at Davis Flat. According to the Riders RSVP list, he will be there on Friday night, and the other three guys are showing up on Saturday.

I'm debating about this run right now. I picked up my new bike yesterday and tested it out locally and its badass!! I have a buddy coming up for the weekend tho so I'll hafta do sumthin about dat.

I just joined riders, so hopefully I can read abou tht eride. I guess you don't get the good info until you actually RSVP. I don't want to RSVP when i will not know if I can go until late Fri.

Will anyone be riding on Friday out there. I might be able to squeeze in a trip out there, maybe. What about Sunday? How long will people be riding that day?

Davis Flats is a big place with lots of people. With the above info it would be like finding the perverbial needle.

I just joined riders, so hopefully I can read abou tht eride. I guess you don't get the good info until you actually RSVP. I don't want to RSVP when i will not know if I can go until late Fri.

Will anyone be riding on Friday out there. I might be able to squeeze in a trip out there, maybe. What about Sunday? How long will people be riding that day?

Davis Flats is a big place with lots of people. With the above info it would be like finding the perverbial needle.

Damone...here is his PM to me...

"Hello, I'll be at Davis Flat. I'll either ber driving a Blue Ford 350 dually or Brown Ford Van with trailer,not sure what I want to take.Hope to see ya there. Paul"

Join up on the forum on Riders as soon as Jeff hooks ya up with a username and password for the members section of the site. Theres a Stony thread on there :thumbsup:

I havent decided if I'm making this run yet, but if I do it will be on Saturday morning

yes its for reals, but it might be a bit of a hike for you