Sign in to follow this  

110/90/19 mh3 vs. 100/90/19 ms3

Heres the story. I need a new rear tire and i have two options. (b/c of tire availability) Should i run a michelin mh3 in 110/90/19 or a 100/90/19 ms3. Right now i have on a 100/90 mh3. I mostly ride int. to hard pack so thats kinda why i was wondering if i should get the mh3. Sorry if i am confusing you but i just simply want to know if the tire profile change would be that big of a deal, (a hard pack tire would last longer on hardpack) or if i should just go with the right size profile and a softpack tire which i would run on hardpack. ( and wouldn't last as long) Please reply if you kinda get what I am asking.

Thanks 97chevy :thumbsup::ride:

Heres the story. I need a new rear tire and i have two options. (b/c of tire availability) Should i run a michelin mh3 in 110/90/19 or a 100/90/19 ms3. Right now i have on a 100/90 mh3. I mostly ride int. to hard pack so thats kinda why i was wondering if i should get the mh3. Sorry if i am confusing you but i just simply want to know if the tire profile change would be that big of a deal, (a hard pack tire would last longer on hardpack) or if i should just go with the right size profile and a softpack tire which i would run on hardpack. ( and wouldn't last as long) Please reply if you kinda get what I am asking.

Thanks 97chevy :thumbsup::ride:

OK I also ride int. to hardpack but I wouldn't get either of them.

I have rode with a 110/90/19 ms3 and it would make the bike stand up in corners because it was wider and it would just slide all over on hardpack because the compund it alot harder than a MH3.

Then I got a 100/90/19 MH3 and it is awesome, for me it is like velcro. Doesn't slide on hardpack and it still great when it is alittle muddy in the morning at the track. But I would be afraid that the 110/90 will make the bike stand up in corners, which it will if you don't have a 2.15 rear rim.

I would personally just wait for a 100/90/19 MH3.