Who all dualsports WR?

I have my 2005 450 for sale. I bought it and the lady at the dealership put it in as a dual purpose so I got a plate for it. The taxes are due this month and they told me to just tell them when I got the notice and they would take care of it. I am really thinking about paying the taxes and keeping it. I'm in Kentucky and I have no idea how many people plate these and I wonder if it would help it sell if the licensing is already done. What do you guys think?

i would keep it dual sported.

In Florida that bike would be literally priceless. If I could get a new WR plated in Florida I would finally be able to ditch my old '99.

How fare are you willing to drive to get one? Its not dual sported. I ment I have a plate and its registered. It is just like it was when I bought it.

I have mine D/S and plated and like it that way. It really didnt add too much weight and it is nice to know I can go anywhere. I liked it so much Ive considered going D/S on my RM, but that would be too expensive.

John in Vegas

How far I'm willing to drive is dependent on the sale price.

I sent you a PM. Did you get it?

I got it after my last post. Not a bad price, but not for the distance I would have to drive.

Maybe we can work something out?

^ may be cheaper to have it shipped instead of driving??

^ may be cheaper to have it shipped instead of driving??

Yea your probably right.

I'm in Kentucky and I have no idea how many people plate these and I wonder if it would help it sell if the licensing is already done. What do you guys think?

I have all of my lake toys licensed in Ky but was going to register the bike at home in MO. Are you saying they will give me a plate if I title in KY?

I have all of my lake toys licensed in Ky but was going to register the bike at home in MO. Are you saying they will give me a plate if I title in KY?

If you buy our WR, it already has a plate with it so all you will have to do is get it transfered into your name and put blinkers and everything to make it street legal and your ready to go. Any other offroad bike would be a pain trying to get a plate for in kentucky because offroad dirtbike CAN NOT be titled in the state of kentucky no matter what. They messed up when we bought our dirt bike and somehow registered it as a dual sport instead of offroad only.

The new law in Kentucky states that any offroad dirt bike, atv, or side x side must have a UCC statement filed if there is a lien, otherwise the owner only gets the Certificate of Origin with their name on the back of it showing that it is legally theirs.

Thanks,

Heather Wiles

If you buy our WR, it already has a plate with it so all you will have to do is get it transfered into your name and put blinkers and everything to make it street legal and your ready to go. Any other offroad bike would be a pain trying to get a plate for in kentucky because offroad dirtbike CAN NOT be titled in the state of kentucky no matter what. They messed up when we bought our dirt bike and somehow registered it as a dual sport instead of offroad only.

The new law in Kentucky states that any offroad dirt bike, atv, or side x side must have a UCC statement filed if there is a lien, otherwise the owner only gets the Certificate of Origin with their name on the back of it showing that it is legally theirs.

Thanks,

Heather Wiles

Sent you a PM

I live in Idaho and have an 05 wr450. Pretty easy to license, they only require a brake light, horn, mirror, and liability insurance.. Best part is, insurance companies treat it as a dirt big and liability insurance was a little over 3 bucks a month, full coverage with 100 deductible for 8 bucks a month...