Sign in to follow this  

Riding position for 6'2"?

I read a lot of posts about tall guys that like to raise the bars and use a very tall bend. I only change to a tall seat for the sit-standing transition.

I like to ride in a more forward crouched position. I feel I lower my center of gravity better and get over the clamps easier. Am I missing out on something by not going to a taller set-up?

im 6'2", and riding a yz250f, i was riding my yz for 2 years with the stock bar high, and thought nothing of it, i noticed i was a little haunched over, untill i took it into the shop. They saw how tall i was, and said that i HAD to get a bar riser and taller bars, my dad said he would pay for it, so i said ok.

Its like a totaly new bike, it took a weekend to get used to, and after having it, im doing the same thing to my next bike. Standing up pisition seems comfortable and natural, not cramped and hump back like. Tight, fast, standing cornering has never felt so good. And going through the woops is totaly different, instead of pulling my body back ward, and then the bike to keep the front end up, all i have to do is pull back on the bars and bring the bike tward my body.

id like to see b4 after pics so i could compare them to the way i stand. i too am 6'2

I'm 6'4" and am in the same situation as you. I have a tall seat. Not excited about spending more cash on bars or risers. Anyway, I watched the x-games again last night and noticed all of the trick riders had really high bars. I figure they need control more than any other type of rider. So, yeah, I'm going to get a high-CR bend bar next. I think that is the standard for a taller bar?

All the guys in the X-Games have the tall bars on their for doing tricks, I don't think it has anything to do with stability. Their bars are also cut down to like 26" instead of 32" If you noticed they all also have steering dampners set on their bikes so they don't have to worry about the stability of the bike as much. I'm 6'3" and ride a RMZ450 with standard clamp and just a tall bend bar. I think that bar risers usually will give you less stability in the front end, but that justs my opinion.

All the guys in the X-Games have the tall bars on their for doing tricks, I don't think it has anything to do with stability.

HUH? I never said anything about stability. I said control. As in flipping the bike around.

Probably wasn't a good example.

I appreciate the imput. I will try the higher bar. I use the cr mid now and feel it is pretty good.