Sign in to follow this  

plug check!

I just pulled my spark plug out and it looks kinda ashy. it looks like it has some carbon on it, but i don't that is what it looks like. It doesn't really have a color to it eather like i no when the plug is kinda black and went you way rich, white is lean, and brownish greyish is pretty good. my plug still has pretty much the same color as it did when it was new wid just some black stuff on the on the tip of the plug and ring not in the insulator, this stuff flakes right off which is why i think it my be carbon. where should i go on my jetting, currently i am on step richer on both the piolt and main and 2 turns out on the screw!

I just pulled my spark plug out and it looks kinda ashy. it looks like it has some carbon on it, but i don't that is what it looks like. It doesn't really have a color to it eather like i no when the plug is kinda black and went you way rich, white is lean, and brownish greyish is pretty good. my plug still has pretty much the same color as it did when it was new wid just some black stuff on the on the tip of the plug and ring not in the insulator, this stuff flakes right off which is why i think it my be carbon. where should i go on my jetting, currently i am on step richer on both the piolt and main and 2 turns out on the screw!

well you do not jet by looking at the plug color,-----you keep going lean on the main jet while doing top gear pinned runs and when you finally get it lean enough to nose over you go back one or two mains and there you are ,

then work on you needle and pilot and fuel screw ,

the plug should look as clean as the day you took it out of the box to put it in ,

if you run pump fuel your combustion chamber will be very dirty and the plug will have ash , engine dirt and oil contamination on it ----if you want a lean clean racing machine you will run oxy race fuel :thumbsup: