Sign in to follow this  

RHC 250 R&D bike

well so far were making a real 42 hp with some spikes above as much as 42.4 on u4 fuel and 20.3 pounds of torque the weather is perfect 76 degree and low humidity cof 1.01 its carrying 41.5 for 2000 rpm .i shortened up the can2 inches an gained a foot pound of torqe from 6500 to around 7500 rpm .the new cam im testing did not hurt the torque but onl gained in the last 800 rpm .its time to get some mr9 and see if it will pull 43 hp .

how much will that same engine put out without the sm-1?

the one that we just put together worked very well with Ron's head work and cam ,

it is an o6 and i first put it all together and tested it with the chm sm1 ----and it worked very well,

but the guy i did it for just had to run the duel exhaust for his kid ,------so i put the duels back on ( he had 2 systems i used the fmf and removed the restrictors and tried it with them in )

and it did not run near as well,------now the thing was still great ---

but it was not as good as the good old chm sm1 :ride:

and now the dad has put the "power now " in the thing -----the two piece set up :applause::applause:

and all of a sudden they want me to jet it again ------( i wonder why ---some of these dads just slay me )

hopefully they will leave me alone with it and i will yank that crap out of the thing and make it work the way Ronnie flowed it to work ------

( god i just hate some of these dads --they just live to kill my long hard fought tunning and set ups-- :applause::thumbsup: )

they just live to kill my long hard fought tunning and set ups-- :applause::applause: )
As long as they keep coming back with cash in hand :thumbsup::ride: .

i just pulled a power now out of a 450 i had on the dyno that was eazy hp it made no diference onthe bottom and hurt the over rev

RHC

How many hours do you suggest to run on a stock head? I'm close to 150 hours with no problems but don't want to snap the head off a valve due to it being worn out. Can it make 200 if they don't start to move?

Hey KB,

Next time you have one of these 250f's, we need to take the day off and go "tune" it. I am chomping at the bit to ride a 40+ hp 20+lb/tq 250f!