Sign in to follow this  

2 Gallons of oil fuel mix in my ole DR

Okay after reading the post about the DRs 350 petcock issues I fell victim to but it got real bad .While away from my home for a couple weeks and not knowing that or what a vacuum petcock even is I removed the diagram and made a gasket to seal it off it worked good before I left …..Got back 2 weeks later and started the bike and it was smoking like a malley …bummer fuel in the oil so I drain the oil and fuel mix 2 gallons came out …I guess it wants to be a 2 stroke which I know a lot better …but in all my yrs hangin with dirt bikes this has never happen to me our my friends …but they where always 2 strokes .So my quest is to find someone who can tell me beside draining the oil ,what should I do to the motor to make sure that nothing else was damaged and all the fuel is gone …I have bought a 4.2 Clark tank and a new petcock ….lol I know am going top get bashed by you guys ..But am kewl …am a noob

TY

:thumbsup:

Welcome to the "Mad House".

Just do a couple of oil/filter changes to flush it out.

Happened to me when I first got my DRZ, 15000 miles later and it is still fine.

Neil. :thumbsup::ride::applause:

Like neil said, do a couple of oil changes to make sure you get all the gas out and you should be fine as long as you haven't been riding it around like that.

Thanks guys ...will do ...this is a Great site and since I have went a new bike a DRZ400 am not without wheels but maybe you guys can help me out on this, What would be some easy add-ons to my new scooter I was thinking a yosi pipe but don’t really know what silencer/ sparkarester jus wanna give some extra ump like I have been reading about in these forums

Thanks again