Sign in to follow this  

Orange County trails for a drz VOTE!

can anyone in orange county (or a close surrounding area) tell me where some good spots are for riding? somewhere i could ride to, or maybe haul the drz to if i have to. thanks

There aren't too many places right around here. I've occasionally gone up the fire roads around Saddleback, which is nice because you can ride right over there from your house. However, they're just fire roads, so it starts to get a little boring. To get there, head up into the hills past Irvine Lake and into Silverado canyon. The road eventually leads up into the hills. Be aware, though, that those roads seem to always be closed for some reason (fire, rain, frogs mating, etc.). I'm not sure if they're open right now or not.

The best spots to haul the bike to IMO for a day trip is Gorman (avoid Saturdays) and for the weekend is Ocotillo Wells (winter only). There are also a lot of cool trails in Big Bear, which is nice in the summer time since it is cooler.

Check out the California forum - lots of ideas there. Sometimes people gather there for rides, too.

good input thanks. I've been to ocotillo wells. it's sweet. my buddy keeps telling me about gorman and hungry valley. but big bear sounds like fun. thanks again.