Sign in to follow this  

need help ordering handle bars

ok ive never orderd handle bars before because...well ive never bent them..broke enough levers but never bent handle bars...well out of the gate some kid wheelied right into me cuz he couldnt control his bike (i think his first time racing) and it took me out and i bent them...well i have a 05 yz250f with the stock renthals on there...

im either gonna buy pro tapers or renthals...it says for the twin wall renthals that you need oversized mounts...im taking it that it wont fit the stock mounts on my bike then right? :thumbsup:

the renthal 7/8 bars would fit perfect right?

the pro tapers are generaly cheaper and ive heard a lot of good things about them...and the contour bars need oversized mounts to...im guessing they wont fit my stock mounts to?

now comes bends...does bend have anything to do with how i order besides prefference...i dont really have a preffernce to them what do you guys recomend as far as bends and how does the different ones feel...

and im considering orderins ASV levers and new grips...should i do this all at once sence ill have to put everything on the bars anyways...

any other input you guys can give would be very much appriciated...thanks in advance :ride:

u need 7/8" bars with the stock clamps...from experience tag x5 bars or renthal 7/8" are the best IMO......i use the mc/lusk/stewart bend for rethals and the YZ bend for tag, they are both the same dimensions...they are lower bars not real high and i like them alot and im 6'0

Yes, the fat bar is 1 and 1/8" think, while yours is 7/8" thick. If you like the Pro Tapers, they have the Pro Taper SE model, the SE stands for "seven eighth's"! now your bend and height is another issue. I suspect you will just get the stock YZ bend. I found the Pro Taper SE were less money than the other high end 7/8" bars, run them now on my WR450F, and both my grandsons KTM's

should i go ahead and get levers and grips while im doin the handle bars...?

and does anyone know where i can get a quarter twist throttle...?

thanks again

should i go ahead and get levers and grips while im doin the handle bars...?

and does anyone know where i can get a quarter twist throttle...?

thanks again

Why levers? If you're current levers are fine then no reason to spend money on new ones, you will need new grips though, unless you can somehow take you're current ones off and re-use them. Not sure on the quarter twist throttle. Just get 7/8 bars, Pro-Tapers are great bars, if you like a crossbar then get Renthals, that's the way I look at it. YZ Stock bend is alright, if you're short, I like high bars though.

well im getting the asv anyways because i go through levers a lot...so i figure i should just go ahead and get them while im switching everything anyways...i mean...why wait till next week to order them when im just ordering the stuff now

No, but you should get new grips...

FWIW, the ProTaper SE's do have a cross bar.. Keep me posted up on how you like the Kevlar grips..

I bent my stock renthals on my 06yz250. I replaced them with these protapers

http://www.protaper.com/eastonbars.html

I got the Henry/Reed bend as this is the closet to what the Renthals were.

These bars are 1 1/8" so you do need to get new clamps

If you're getting new lever and grips, makes sense to do it all at once.

Good Luck

ya i got the se's so they do have a crossbar...i dont mind them...i got the henry/reed bend to

RickyD ill let you know how the kevlars are as soon as i put them on