Sign in to follow this  

07 KX 450 F Suspension

I needed some advice. I think I have decided to go with the 07 over the 06 but I will have to get suspension work done. I'm 215lbs. so I'm sure I will have to get the suspension revalved and new springs for my weight. Who do you think would do the best job? Enzo, Pro Circuit, RG3, Factory Conection, etc. I am leaning toward Pro Circuit since they work with Kawasaki's so much. What do you think!!!

Doesn't matter, and don't worry about Pro Circuit's work with Kawi. When it comes to stock suspension they don't have anymore experience than anyone else. I'm having mine done over the winter and the research I have done is that none are better than the other, they all pretty much do the same thing. It's a matter of personal preference and what you want done.

What separates Enzo from everyone else? You guys are making my decision easy.

If you go with a national company such as Enzo, Factory Connection, RG3, etc. you probably have a better chance of getting the job done right the first time since they do so much more volume than everyone else. However, with a local tuner, you don't have to deal with shipping and the turn around time may be faster. Local tuners often go to local races and you can get changes made on site. The tuner cannot also watch you ride and make more informed changes.

Ross Maeda at Enzo is THE Kayaba man. He designed or at least developed most of the KYB stuff in use today. That's the number one reason so many choose Enzo for their KYB suspenders.

I chose a local shop simply because they are at my races more often than not, and will help me on the spot if needed. As a matter of fact, my tuner was able to watch my motos, and could tell where I was having problems before I even told him where I thought the shock needed the most help. His valving was spot on and I didn't need or use linkage or new springs.

I see Enzo has a sub-tank system. What exactly is it and is worth the money ($350)?