Sign in to follow this  

06 cam and head work

any one have info on a cam for the 06 or has anyone had the head cleaned up yet?

sorry, 06 crf 150 with a 225 bbk from eo and the 28mm carb. not sure if ya needed to know all the other stuff. eo doesn't have one yet. Should I wait because it would match all the other stuff I have?

The problem with the 06 CRF150 and soon 07, is that the engine is a new design. Untill someone takes the time to R&D some cams, you will have to wait. This could be a LONG time.

The earlier 150's and 230's have a similar cam design of the XR200, so adding those previously proven grinds to the 03-05 CRF150 and all 230s was not that difficult for the cam vendors.

It will be completely dependent on demand. Since there aren't that many new 06 CRF150's that people want to mod yet, the demand is probably not that great. I'm certain that your 06 CRF150/225 could benefit from a bigger cam.

You have a 50% increase in displacement and still running the stock cam.

Seems as though someone should have done a bit more homework.

Yea, I should of. I was just too excited and had planned on spending money to fix her up. I'm new to the sport, but an ex bmx vert pro and at 38, I love not having to pedle to get the speed. I herd the 06 was better than the 05 so I went with the best, not know that after market items were not as easy to come by as bmx stuff. Engines Only said that he should have the cam by december. I have a friend that has the 06 with the same bbk, but he has done some head work. Where I live/ride (a pit bike track) there was only a hand full of 150s, now there are at least 40-50 people with them. When you talk to eo they are experiencing an aboundence of calls from central florida. It's a big craze here with two pit bike tracks within 15min of eachother. Plus, if you mod it out, it works on the many other tracks for the big bikes. I find it a great work out and in the race series (230cc max) here the 30+ 16" gate is the biggest and one of the fastest.

That sounds great! If there is more demand then you will find performance parts faster. I used to BMX too as a youth, but find an engine provides much more fun at my age as well (old)!

The 06 and newer 150 models are a new engine design as stated earlier. Have you been in contact with Web camshafts or Megacycle camshafts? These two are the biggest in the industry for these bikes.

Good luck and ride safely.

Yeah, Frank at EO told my buddy that also has his 225 kit that the cams should be here by the end of July...well no cam yet? Now he's telling you in December. Who know's when it will be here.

Mega Cycle is what Frank uses, so scratch that call out... and Web Camshaft said they would perform work on your stock cam, but they have never done a camshaft for the 06' models yet. So call them up and see what they say.. A cam should really make that bike RUN!!

We had EO port the head on our 150/225 bbk with 28mm and pipe and it has been great.

My daughter rode it thru some of the nastiest stuff up on the Rubicon last week and she just motored over stuff I never thought she could ride. Kind of cooked the rear tire spinning up the rocks. don't know if we will ever need that cam for more power.

It all depends on what you plan to do with the bike. If tight trails and rock crawling are your thing then you are probably happy with your performance with the stock cam. And from reading your post it sounds as though you are satisfied.

But with a 50% increase in displacement, and a field of competitive riders on an MX or any race track, an improved cam will be HIGHLY desired for this type of riding. There is lots of power still to be produced with the proper cam. I'm certain of that.

Good luck and ride safely.