Sign in to follow this  

Worth the Risk?

My riding buddy and I are both wanting to go riding in a new area. We have been riding the same area for the past year and both are sick of it. We recently discovered a new area that is very near to us. However, the thing is that we have to cross a busy intersection (4 driving lanes with 1 turning lane) and then go on the side walk for about 1000 feet. We walked the new area and found ATV tracks, so we know people ride there.

I am concerned about a cop happening to see us with our bikes on the side walk. We will not ride our bikes on the side walk, we will simply walk them. We did not see any "No Trespassing" signs posted in the riding area. However, one area that we will ride in is a construction site that has not been active for a few months. What is the worst that can happen to us for walking our bikes on the side walk and through an intersection and riding in a construction site?

We really want to ride in a new area. The nearest designated riding area is 60 miles from, but this area is less than half a mile.

So in your opinion, is it worth the risk?

umm i live in a new neighborhood and last summer me n a buddy rode around my house on all the new lots no really problems just the noise and eventually one of the owners got mad and bitched me out and put a no trespassing sign but really it was lots of fun

dont talk to the cops because then they'll know that u plan on riding there and it will ruin it. u could probably ride on the street. it's risky but it's quicker than walking the bikes...if u walk them, there's a greater chance a cop will see u. i ride at a place where i have to ride almost a half mile on the street to get to the area. it's not a very busy street but i take the risk. i say go for it but do whatever u feel most comfortable doing.

hhmmm.... Quite a dilemma. If you ride them to the spot, and a cop sees you, you guys could just book it into that area and they would be lost for sure.

On the other hand If you were to walk them there and a cop were to see you, i am not sure what they would do. I have a feeling that if you were walking it to the area and were causing no harm, they wouldnt do anything, even though they theoretically could.

I know a police officer, so i will ask him. I know that we would have different rules since we are in different states but i am sure he could give me an idea. Too bad i wont see him for a week, due to i will be out of town.

I have ridden on the street before to a riding spot at my friends house, and that was about a mile on streets and nothing happened. It all depends on the cop too, some are total ******** and some are totally cool.

Oh, I got to talk to him last night and he said that you should walk it. He said that you would be breaking any laws for just walking it along the street, because what law would you be breaking? Its just transportation not riding it. I would go ahead and do it and just walk it there. This is Cali though, but probably not much different. Hope this helps

the area seems worth the risk, but unless ur crossing a small (think 2 lane) and retively unused road, walk it. I've pushed many a bike down the road, a few times right by the station, and they can't do anything. For all they know your just walking it to a buds house ot work on it. I'd also say walk it into the trail a little before you fire it up. And keep it quite till people can't hear u very much anymore.

I walk my bike through my town all the time, the cop's are pretty nice here. Walk right past the police station everytime and they just ask where I race.

I would go for it! Or maybe just drive your bike over there so you don't have to risk cops...

Like others have said, just walk the bike. There is absolutly nothing against the law about walking down the road with or without your bike, unless it's a Highway.

IMO, if you ride on private property without permission you are breaking the law. Just because they don't have a no trespassing sign doesn't mean "yes trespassing". Do you have a "no stealing dirt bikes" sign on your motorcycle?

:thumbsup: You need to learn some respect for other's property.

Just don't get lost. :ride:

helicopter rides are for everyone, not just you! lol :applause: im sure he will take advantage of it and get helplessly lost in the heat about a mile from the highway :applause::thumbsup:

Hey Lancerplayer where in Ohio are you at?

I am located in a suburb near Cleveland.

I appreciate everyone's reply to this thread. I went on the ride today and nothing happened. We did not see any cops, just a lot of looks from other motorist :thumbsup:. We walked our bikes the whole way, but we did have them running and in first gear so we were not actually "pushing" them. We did not get in trouble for riding either, so overall it was a good day.

well, im from the state with pointless laws, and stickers, California. One time me and my buddy were riding on the paved road, in a riding area, HUngry Valley(gorman), cause we couldnt find the trail to get back to the moutains. this cop pulls us over and tells us he can tow are bikes then and there. So im like freakin in my head, he also says he can give us both tickets. So at this point we are both getting nervous at what he is gonna do and give us. i tell him we cant find the trail, and he says theres always a way to get to a trail. So then he goes into his truck, i look at my friend, and i say, well, hes gonna give us a ticket. :ride: then, all he gaave us was a map, and let us go, we both just popped into gear and pinned out of there. haha. i think we roosted him a little. :thumbsup: so i dont know, i would just walk it or drive them iover in a truck

Uhh...walk it if you do not want to ride it (even though I'd ride it.) If a cop gives you shit, say your bike broke down and you have to walk it home