Sign in to follow this  

2001 YZ250f

Hey guys, im sorry if this is in the wrong forum but im pretty sure it isnt. I am 15, 5'11 and 165 lbs. I started riding when i was 12 and rode for a year or two on my ttr-125. I went to SX and MX tracks so i have some experience with dirtbikes. I sold my bike after a year or two with it and now want to get another dirtbike, i really miss it. I seen a YZ250f for sale nearby for 2100(im stickin with yamaha)I love 4 stroke bikes and have always rode great on them. I am going to check it out and see if it works good and everything before i buy it but the question is, would this be a good bike for me? Its not power i am worried about, i can handle these bikes well, its just would this be a good bike for my size?

Thanks. :thumbsup:

Yeah, it is a good sized bike for you. I am the same height and age as you and I am about the perfect size for my bike.

Just when you buy the bike make sure it was well maintained and has lower hours.

That bike is good for your size, just be careful about the engine. A racing 4 stroke like this one is likely to need a very expensive rebuild. it could cost more to rebuild the engine than the bike is worth. If you can afford it, I'd buy the newest 250F I could get my hands on, have a dealer check it over, and have fun.

That bike is good for your size, just be careful about the engine. A racing 4 stroke like this one is likely to need a very expensive rebuild. it could cost more to rebuild the engine than the bike is worth. If you can afford it, I'd buy the newest 250F I could get my hands on, have a dealer check it over, and have fun.

I was going to buy an 06 or 07 from a dealer, but i only have about 2500 right now so i was looking used because i dont want to make monthly payments(Unfortuantley my dad wont support me in buying this because he thinks its a waste of money, even though he bought my last bike and i had so much fun with it). i still need to save up a little to buy a car. The bike had aftermarket grips on it, some manufacterer stickers on it so it looked like he used it a lot. :/