Sign in to follow this  

Kx100 Clutch Burn????? Help Please!!!

so i pull out my 01 kx100 this morn and i roll it in N and its all good and i pull the clutch and put it into 1st and try to roll and the back tire locks up compretly. i called my friend who nows a good ammouont about bikes and he said to check the clutch plates. im wondering if anyone here has had this problem with a similar bike. any help is great!!

so i pull out my 01 kx100 this morn and i roll it in N and its all good and i pull the clutch and put it into 1st and try to roll and the back tire locks up compretly. i called my friend who nows a good ammouont about bikes and he said to check the clutch plates. im wondering if anyone here has had this problem with a similar bike. any help is great!!

need more datails, don't know exactly what your problems is. Engine running???? Not running? Bike stall?

...has it been sitting for any length of time?...did it work properly when you put it away last?...don't think it failed while sitting in the garage...clutches that sit for extended periods of time can often "stick" together and not disengage without some outside "persuation" LOL Tdub

my 2004 kx 100 does the same thing, what you have to do is put it in neutral, start walking it, and then pop it into second. works for me..

Both of my 2-strokes do the same thing. The clutch seems to do almost nothing unless the bike is running. My Blaster was the same way too. I believe it's normal unless the bike is hot, or running.

ok guys, i got new clutch plates and it works like new. all of you that have this problem. its 40$ for plates and springs on ebay. i would reccomend this to all of you!

DUDE!!!! stop pulling up threads from the dark ages!!!

If you're searching, check the dates of the last post. this one is form 2006 as well.

DUDE!!!! stop pulling up threads from the dark ages!!!

If you're searching, check the dates of the last post. this one is form 2006 as well.

:p:thumbsup: