Sign in to follow this  

Getting fmf Gnarly tuesday? Any advice..

Im getting the fmf gnarly and shorty for my KTM 250sx tuesday... Anyone have anything bad to say about this combo or talk me into the fatty? Its going to be a woods bike with offroad racing and a little motocross mixed in. Will the gnarly make my KTM the killer offroad bike that Im after?

Hope it fits,i've had my share of fitment issues with fmf,good luck. Otherwise,when the fmf stuff fits,performance is good.Shorty will be loud,if you race you might have trouble meeting sound check if they do that where you are.Turbine core 2 might be better?

shouldve goon pc! after mcgrath ditched KTM before they even raced, they took the pipe of his bike (super nice because its factory) and they sell it to the public now!!!

Get the FMF. I have this combo on my XC300 and absolutely love it. It fit perfect the first time and I haven't had any issues since. :thumbsup:

It has a nice bark to it. A tad louder than stock but not noticible. 91DB stock, 92DB now.

Added some grunt to the already awesome bottom, great midrange, and still plenty of top end.

Alrighty. Yeah I didnt think you had to worry about passing sound testing with most two bikes just have to worry about spark arrestors but I have a 300mxc silencer I put on my 250sx for that.

On my 05 250sx I put the gnarly pipe with the pro c 296 spark arrestor silencer.I was told this is the best combo for the woods on this bike by house of horsepower in Organ.I'm using the yellow spring in my powervalve.I have lugging power and plenty on top.Infact when I do get onto the top end power its pritty well scary.Its like unleashing a monster.

I've also had the bike suspention tuned to my weight and conditions I ride"Trails" and its the best trail bike I've ever owned.

Thanks for all the help and responses but I went ahead and ordered the fmf gnarly and the shorty. The gnarly should be here tomorrow and the shorty should be here the day after. I can wait. So how much will this combo lean my bike out?