Sign in to follow this  

Interesting situation

OK... so on the last leg of my ride today, i did a wheelie. No big deal right? Well.... after my front wheel hit the pavement, my speedo showed 0 the rest of the way home.

I'm thinking i did one of the following... broke a cable, the cable came off the gear thingy in the hub, the gears in the hub are :thumbsup: , or i smoked the computer.

I haven't had a chance to take it apart so I couldn't tell y'all about what's inside.

Anyone had a similar incident? Any thoughts?

when you lifted the front the front forks extended and your cabel pulled tight, it probaly got snaged on a bracket or something. then id guess it pulled off the back of the spedo. it has just a simple plastic screw on arangment. id check there first.

OK... so I've said it once and i'll say it again... You were right.... What you described is exactly what happend.

Funny thing is... It was so obvious i didn't think to check there in the first place.

So i assume all i need to do is screw it back on?

Interesting.. Samething happened to me today too! I cleaned up the bike and then went for a spin and found the speedo to not be working... :thumbsup: I was looking too far into it and it ended up just coming unscrewed from the display. I re-installed it with a little locktite.. It'll never happen again :ride:

thats it just screw it back on. i wouldn't go the locktight though as its only a plastic fitting and likaly to crack when you try to undoo it next time. just a firm finger tight should do it. no fancy tools this time.

Happened to me today too! I was on a ride and went to fill up with gas, when I took off my speedo was not working. I gave it a look over and the cable was disconected from the speedo. I pulled over and screwed it back on.

Make sure your cable is getting the correct length by checking the route it takes from the front wheel to the speedo. And make sure the brackets are not bent or holding the cable too tightly. The cable needs room for when the front end lightens up. Hope this helps! :thumbsup: