Sign in to follow this  

Has anyone fabricated a KX65 swingarm to fit a klx110????

:ride: I am building two bikes a DRZ110 and a KLX110 one for me and one for my 11yr. old, we both have big bikes, this is just for play. I have two KX65's 2003 models and was wandering before spending the money on an aftermarket swinger,has anyone done this or is it too much trouble???

I also need to know if i can use the KX65 trees with the KLX110 stem to do the KX65 fork conversion? Please help if possible... Thanks johnnymoto365 :thumbsup:

You should be able to take your KX 65 front ends off and put the hole thing trees,stem, forks, wheel, brakes, and bars onto the 110... The swing arm though you would have to fabricate some sort of bracket i belive

Eric

Speed Pro

You should be able to take your KX 65 front ends off and put the hole thing trees,stem, forks, wheel, brakes, and bars onto the 110... The swing arm though you would have to fabricate some sort of bracket i belive

Eric

Speed Pro

the stock 65 trees WON'T fit a 110 frame. i also think changing out the stems won't help because of how the stock 65 trees "gullwing". www.paxracing.com makes killer conversion trees in gold or silver. but at $299 a set they're pretty proud of 'em :thumbsup::ride: but it makes it a bolt on swap! :applause::applause:

the stock 65 trees WON'T fit a 110 frame. i also think changing out the stems won't help because of how the stock 65 trees "gullwing". www.paxracing.com makes killer conversion trees in gold or silver. but at $299 a set they're pretty proud of 'em :thumbsup::ride: but it makes it a bolt on swap! :applause::applause:

Ohh yeah.. :applause:

:applause:

Eric

Speed Pro

Do a Search on Planetminis.com there are a couple of guys who modded the 65 swinger. you can have the stem off the 110 pressed/welded into the 65 trees too.:smirk:

Red Barron sells triple clamps as well. Check out the Tbolt website. I got the Kx 65 forks on ebay pretty cheap. The clamps cost me more than the whole front set up with wheel, brakes and fork. Just need springs. Marzochi's ive seen cheap too, but hard to find. Prolly easier to go with aftermarket swingarm, unless your able to do the fabrication and altering of the kx swingarm.

Pax has bearings too that you can run the 65 clamps on your 110, they're $75 look in the 110 section on the website. Thats probably the easiest or you can buy clamps or swap stems just depends on what you want to do.

The rear is going to take some Fab work. You have to make a shock mount and might have to mod the 110 frame for the swingarm. I'm not positive on the rear have never seen it other than in pictures and other people's build threads online.

Anything is possible with a little imagination, I have personally seen this mod, and when done right awesome.