Sign in to follow this  

Power bomb

Has anyone tried the FMF powerbomb system for 4 strokes. If I am not mistken its an expansion chamber for a four stoke

I heard some guy tell me it gave him more hp, but he was a complete nut job. Any word on this, I am not at the point where I am going to buy one, just curious.

I wouldn't call it a night and day difference, but it definately helps on the bottom end. There's two versions - the SX and MX(?). I put on the SX and it opens up the bottom a bit. The other helps out on the top end.

How do you tell the difference between an SX and an MX? I ask because i bought a used 04 YZ250f that came with one or the other.

At one point I just had the Factory 4 muffler with the mid pipe on my 03 and It didn't make all that much extra power. But once I added that power bomb header with the FMF stage one jetting it made a lot more power. Its worth the money.

H T performance has a pipe that flows 13 percent faster than a power bomb and is $200. I'll try it for $200. Read good reports on KTMtalk bout it. :thumbsup:

H T performance has a pipe that flows 13 percent faster than a power bomb and is $200. I'll try it for $200. Read good reports on KTMtalk bout it. :thumbsup:

Links with more info please. :ride:

the mega bomb is just like a normal pipe right...it then has four holes drilled in it, in strategic places, the bubble lookin bit is then welded on to seal it up. what this is surposed to do is at low rpm, the exhaust goes out the forward holes..into the bubble and back in the farther back holes making it act like a long header pipe. At high rpm the faster moving exhaust blows straight past the holes and the header acts just like a normal header. It is a very smart system when you think about it, but as for if it actually works well people on this forum rekon it does so yeeha.

is that what you wanted to know?