Sign in to follow this  

Alpinestars Vector Booter?

I finally talked my friend into buying a set of boots, but he still doesn't want to spend a lot of cash. I keep telling him heel be sorry when he can't walk with out a cane, but he wont listen. He found a set of AlpineStars Vector, and i was wondering if they are any good, or if i should steer him else where. Right now the biggest problem is cost.

>>Link To Boot<<

The vectors are pretty soft and I don't think ofer enough protection. For pretty close for price, look into the Alpinstar tech 6. They are a great boot for a reasonable price. I wear them and love them.

Tell him to try eBay for used Tech 6's or something then. Vector's are alright, I also don't think they offer enough protection, however I never wore them, just seen them.

Had to get a new pair of Tech 6's last month. While I was trying them on, the guy (at Chaparral) said the Vector was getting discontinued. I think he actually meant that Alpinestars was no longer going to build it, but maybe he just meant that Chaparral was no longer carrying it??????????

You never see many of them out on the trail!

I use the Vectors. I believe that you will get slightly better protection from the Tech 6 but the Vector definitely feels better on your feet.

Regardless, I have used them for 3 yrs with some major crashes and not had any ankle or foot injuries. It may be luck or it may be good protection...Who knows.

I have both the Tech 6 and Vector boots. The Vector boots are a little more comfortable yet also provide comparable protection of the Tech 6.

i think he going to get the vector, i was just talking to another friend, and apparently he has vector's. I was right behind him when he hit one of those kitty tracks out in the desert. He went from right infront of me, dropped down, then got kicked up at leat 15 feet, bailed, landed on his feet, did a roll/slide, and his only injerie was a spranged wrist, which wasn't that bad

I have a pair of Vectors and love them... Very comfortable and I would say they offer the same level of protection as any other good boot. Mine are going on their 4th season and still look like new!