Sign in to follow this  

KBC or Zeus off-road helmet?

I was trying on HJC today, (my usual brand) and I tried some new ones just for kicks. The KBC was nice, but the Zeus fit my head like a glove. I've never even heard of them. Made in Taiwan. :ride: What's their quality reputation? The Zeus ZS-905 P1-Circuit I tried is also Snell and DOT so it can't be that bad. Shoot, for $105 I could buy a new helmet every year. :thumbsup:

What do you think?

KBC is what I would choose out of the two, but in all honesty I wouldnt use either one. My head is pretty valuable so I dont usually go cheapo with the lid. just my .02 cents though

That's my general opinion too, but I've read reports that a more expensive helmet doesn't neccesarily protect your head better. A Snell rating is a Snell rating, right? I'm not really trying to save money here, just find the most comfortable helmet I can find. :thumbsup:

I haven't heard of Zeus either, but if it's got "SNELL" on it, it should be ok. A lot of the cheaper brand name helmets are all made in the same factory as KBC and Oneal(I use Oneal, I like 'em), so it could be made there too.

Maybe I should mention that I plan to use it on the street as well as off. Does Snell do a different test for on and off-road helmets? Doesn't really matter, I'd have used the HJC on the road.

I did a Google search on Zeus but I didn't find much information yet. :thumbsup:

My understanding was that a more expensive helmet is that way because of features and comfort. I hope I'm wrong.

You are probably right...but where is the line drawn for quality?

My understanding was that a more expensive helmet is that way because of features and comfort. I hope I'm wrong.

Yeah, the cheap helmets are made in Korea so you're not paying as much for labor, the paint jobs aren't quite as good, they don't have features like air vents etc, and you're not paying for the name and advertising.

I heard KBC's are made in the same factory as HJC, or so I've heard from a friend who worked as a salesmen for part unlimited. I have a KBC and I love it.