Sign in to follow this  

2001 xr 400 whats it worth?

I'm negotiating for a stock 01 xr400 thats for sale clean with low hours. I said $2000.00 the owner thinks 2500.00 :thumbsup::ride:

I bought my 01 this May for 2500. It was stock, pretty clean. He wanted 2800 for it. It really all comes down to how much you want it......... In Idaho XR4's are hard to find. If you were to pay 2200 or 2300 that would be a good deal. :thumbsup:

i got mine for 3,600$ CAD,(not sure what it works out to american) but the 400 was really hard to find in ontario and the bike is in perfect condition

but mine came with the baha street kit, and a speedometer computer too.

I think the question is what is it worth to you. Condition is the real issue and "worth" is different from individual to individual.

Ask the owner if he's ever had the swingarm bolt out. If never, it could be worth $500 off for the trouble you're going to have to remove it yourself to lube it. You may think I'm kidding, just ask those here that have dealt with a seized bolt.

Otherwise, $2500 is not unreasonable for a clean, well maintained, low miles 2001 XR4.

Hello Rswr450f. I looked thru all your pics. Wow! U guys know how to ride. I hope I someday can ride as well as u guys. I can tell you're all having a blast! Those Wr's and Xr's are really are sweet look'n. It's awesome to see the old Xr out there competing hard in Czech Land. Thanks for the great pics. Bob