mod kill switch into a headlight switch?

Found nothing with a search ? but it seems like I read about someone who changed there kill switch into a headlight on/off switch for off-roading. I would like to be able to turn the head and tail light off with that switch. Anyone tried it or know of a link? Thanks in advance.

I meant in a panic situation. I hope most would agree , another type of switch setup would be better. If you ever have a throttle hang etc. you will not be able to leisurely take a hand off of the bars and turn the key off.

I meant in a panic situation. I hope most would agree , another type of switch setup would be better. If you ever have a throttle hang etc. you will not be able to leisurely take a hand off of the bars and turn the key off.

That is an excellent point! ? I guess I should look for a nice waterproof switch. Thanks Motor-N

http://www.virtualinventories.com/vi2/images/products/main/Lockhart%20Phillips%20H-4%20Headlight%20Switches.gif

Lockhart Phillips H-4 Headlight Switches 2004

Today’s sportbike batteries are smaller and lighter than ever, and are easily drained during startup and slow city driving. LP USA’s on/off switches for motorcycles with H4 headlight bulbs cure this problem. Installation takes less than five minutes. Choose between handlebar mount or universal panel mount.

I believe somebody tried this mod but found out the hard way that the bike still needs to send the volts somewhere and he burned up his regulator....i will try to find the post fore you.

I removed the headlight from my E model. Do I need to be concerned about this?

• 1 month later...
I would like to do this too! I have a wiring diagram and will be figuring it all out soon. But extra input is always welcome. ?

Taking away the grounds to the lights is one way. The OEM UK light switch is on my wish list, so I will be following this thread closely for ideas/instructions :lame:

If you look at the difference between the UK style RH control diagram and the USA model you can see the 2 wires you need to switch on and off with a DPDT switch from radio shack or where ever. One of them is gray...damned if I remember the other. If you get stumped yell maybe I can help more ?

• 3 weeks later...

stalling is free, easy, and everyone has done it! so they can never say they don't know how!

and you SHOULD ride covering brakes clutch and be ready to react for everything on road or off. if you don't, you're a hazard to everyone around you!

and you don't need traction to stall your bike. i know you've done it in the mud too!

eddie- can you shut the head and tail light off with a switch like this, or just the head? just wondering, thanks!

--keith