Sign in to follow this  

Help with DRZ? Doesn't seem right.

My '06 400s has 3x3 intake mod, custom mods to stock pipe (hollow), 1 3/8 hole on end cap.

150 main jet

25 pilot

DJ needle 3rd clip

Fuel Screw 1.5 turns out

The thing just doesn't seem right. Doesn't seem very crisp in the low end to mid range. Rusn great wide open, but seems to sputter and pop a bit at the low end.

:applause: I'm pulling my hair out :applause:

Anyone got any suggestions :thumbsup::ride:

what is your elevation, for sea level your main is way rich if you have the S specific DJ kit, try a 140 1st, then a 142.5

I do have the S specific DJ kit. The biggest main in there was a 136 which is smaller than the stock 142.5. This didn't make much sense to me. What are your thoughts? My elevation ranges from 500 to 3000. Most typically on the higher end of that range

Open the screw to 2 turns, a 150 main is to big for the stock pipe even with the end cap drilled IMO, but if your sputtering at low end its the pilot jet or fuel screw.

Thanks for the feedback

I'll reinstall the 142.5

I'm confused though. I was under the impression that if I opened up the air box, and modded the exhaust to let it breath easier, I would in turn have to increase the fuel. Exactly how do the main, and pilot jets work? (which one does what).

Thanks for the feedback

I'll reinstall the 142.5

I'm confused though. I was under the impression that if I opened up the air box, and modded the exhaust to let it breath easier, I would in turn have to increase the fuel. Exactly how do the main, and pilot jets work? (which one does what).

the dj needle has a smaller end demension and blocks the main jet less.that is why with the stock air box hole the dj main jets are smaller than stock.

Thanks Burned!!!

What is your take on the fuel screw?

The DJ kit said 3.5, but kientech reccommended 1.5.

Is that something I just have to play with, or is there a right or wrong?

depends on the pilot jet.to set it up properly do the following-

with the motor warm and idleing turn the fuel screw in till the idle drops/misses.then go slowly back otu just till the idle peaks/smooths.

this should happen between 1 and 3 turns ideally.