Sign in to follow this  

Can most shops do stator rewinds?

Interested in getting more power out of my stator to run more brighter lights anyone know how much it would cost approx and if most dealers rewind stators?

I'm pretty sure the most economical route would be to go LED on the front lights, as they draw less wattage than the conventional incandescant bulb in the front.

With the rear, it may be easier to get a different unit that has more LED's in it.

As for Rewinds B&M Starter and Alternator in Pensacola Florida do that, they are one of those shops that still does things the old way, rebuilds instead of replaces with new, the owner, Ron, is an absolute magician with anything Electrical and is a biking nut.

Call 850 434-0897 on Monday and ask for Ron, tell him Skippy told you to call and he'll hook you up if he can.

Skippy

Yeah I got more LEDs on the rear tail light already Im just looking for something alot brighter for the front for night riding

Baja Designs will do it as well.

https://www.bajadesigns.com/NET/mainframe2.aspx?content=

drill down to Rewinds. They say $90 to $150 and warranted indefinitely. I guess that means lifetime.

Also check out their Diablo HID light under Race Light kits. Expensive, but pretty slick. They offer options for about half the price as well.