Sign in to follow this  

Teanaway trails?

The trails are North of Cle Elum off I-90. It could be the West Fork trail that you're talking about, but they pretty much all have good drops at points. There's defenatly a reason why the trails are rated "EXTREME DIFFICULTY".

Jeremy

I have only ridden that trail one time. I believe it was one of the FSR off of the road that runs west through Roslyn.

Thanks. I suppose there's maps I could look at, though not sure what 'offroad use type of area it is. From the limited maps I have it doesn't look like that area is in the National Forest. I've only ever ridden Funny Rocks out in that area (just yesterday). Looking forward to trying those other trails. If anyone has more detailed directions or GPS tracks that would be great!

I've just started exploring the Teanaway area. About all I can tell you is that this trail in the video is NOT the North Fork trail, it's NOT the Boulder creek trail and it's NOT the Way Creek Trail.

I've ridden only a small portion of the Middle Fork Teanaway River trail. But from what I've heard, it could be the West Fork Teanaway River Trail.

All of these trails are North of Cle Elum, East of Salmon la Sac and South of the Alpine Lakes Wilderness if that helps at all.

Funny Rocks is way South of here, close to Naches on the South side of I-90, South of Manastash and North of State Route 410

Thanks, since I don't know that area at all, every little bit helps.

Trials: '05 Montesa Cota 4RT

Enduro: In transition... '03 DRZ400S made dirty....next scoot, KTM 450 EXC street-legal?

From what I've seen and ridden in the Teanaway area, most of these trails are challenging and technical. Most of them will have long stretches of easy stuff but then mixed with show-stopper stuff for the faint of heart.

I have been finding sections of trails there that are a challenge for me on the Trials Bike. But that's what I'm looking for.

Some of these sections, I could not imagine myself on a big sit-down bike having fun. :ride: But that doesn't mean that a good rider would not have fun.

There are very few bridges on the three Teanaway River branches so be prepared for water crossings, many of them on the Middle Fork and West Fork. The much shorter North Fork (DeRoux Trail) had bridges on 2 of the 3 crossings but made up for it with some killer rock/root/step switch-backs in a one mile section. Otherwise a moderate to easy trail if not for that one mile. :thumbsup:

2PLY, if you have not already, you need to check out Yellow Hill/Jolly Mtn.

Its what Trials Bikes are made for !!!

Most riders only ride thru there once. :applause::ride::thumbsup:

They are a bit easier these days though. I know at least 1 wknd where I

helped the StumpJumpers work on some of the tougher sections.

I helped haul in GasPowered JackHammer supplies/Tools for working on some

of the Rock some yrs ago...

As usual, Photos dont do the area justice...

215118266_ff9c594562.jpg?v=0

215119846_379ce5e7a0.jpg?v=0

215119212_0257d2459a.jpg?v=0

215118573_7c7c646d2e.jpg?v=0

215117112_19133eabf3.jpg?v=0

215117610_30d4eb47d8.jpg?v=0

215114733_4d49bd7e8b.jpg?v=0

215138184_23127c0ae7.jpg?v=0

215138974_750e47f8d0.jpg?v=0

215137217_1319863ab5.jpg?v=0

2PLY, if you have not already, you need to check out Yellow Hill/Jolly Mtn.

Its what Trials Bikes are made for !!!

Most riders only ride thru there once. :applause::ride::thumbsup:

They are a bit easier these days though. I know at least 1 wknd where I

helped the StumpJumpers work on some of the tougher sections.

I helped haul in GasPowered JackHammer supplies/Tools for working on some

of the Rock some yrs ago...

Thanks ZMR. Yes, that's what Mikki has been telling me. I'm working my way toward there. But at the moment I've been starting with places that have good camp sites for my wife to enjoy while I ride.

I'm also trying to bring a few out of practice buddies up to par so that I can have some company along for the ride. BTW, I have an extra Gas Gas 2001 280 that's available for loan to a good rider that wants to come along on these adventures. I just need to do some rear brake tune up and it's ready to go. How about it Oldbones, Mikki or Jeremy McG? Are you ready? :applause::applause:

I have been finding sections of trails there that are a challenge for me on the Trials Bike. But that's what I'm looking for.

Some of these sections, I could not imagine myself on a big sit-down bike having fun. :applause: But that doesn't mean that a good rider would not have fun.

There are very few bridges on the three Teanaway River branches so be prepared for water crossings... :thumbsup:

Oh goody, yes I look for that kind of fun stuff when trail running the trials bike. With the Hebo aux tank I can ride for 4 hours or more on the Cota 4RT (250cc EFI) and there's not much that will stop a trials bike on most any semi-passable trail. As 2PLY knows, trials bikes make awesome goat-trail runners. Also teaches you the right way to run that tough stuff, standing up. :ride:

Water crossing on a trials bike have to be carefully checked if they look deep and there no rocks to hop, since the air filter is far lower down than on a tall enduro.

The trails in that video have a bit of 'exposure' but OTOH, those big bikes they were riding seemed to have plenty of room for the bars, so that's all the room you need -- and a super-highway for a trials bike :applause:

Can't wait to go give them a try, if I can find them.

:applause:

So what are we waiting for cybtt?? Pull that 4RT out for some fun. If you don't already ride it in the Teanaway area, give me a PM and we'll arrange some fun rides.

My GG 300 Pro is running like a top now. I carry up to two 1-liter aluminum fuel bottles with me on the longer rides in my CamelBack Pack. That is good for almost 60 miles but I'd prefer 25 miles of Trials stuff. :thumbsup:

So what are we waiting for cybtt?? Pull that 4RT out for some fun. If you don't already ride it in the Teanaway area, give me a PM and we'll arrange some fun rides.

QUOTE]

Lets see, what am I waiting for?... 150% job, wife who likes to see me once in awhile, a honey-do and house(s) repair list over the horizon :ride: Lucky I get to ride at all i.e the usual. :thumbsup: I'll PM.

I recognize the first water crossing, but the water was about 2 feet higher when I was there Memorial Day weekend. I didn't even think about crossing it. :thumbsup: I like that piece about 7:30 minutes into the video.....pucker factor for sure.

Rhino

How about it Oldbones, Mikki or Jeremy McG? Are you ready? :ride::thumbsup:

I'm ALWAYS ready to head up there on one of your bikes. I'm still debating whether I want to head out there on a regular bike again. Want to ride yellow hill together? Hex has pretty killer climb from the bottom....

Jeremy

I recognize the first water crossing, but the water was about 2 feet higher when I was there Memorial Day weekend. I didn't even think about crossing it. :thumbsup: I like that piece about 7:30 minutes into the video.....pucker factor for sure.

Rhino

Rhino, do you know what the trail was called?

I think the trail in the video is the Southfork Teanaway. Whatever it is called I rode it with Gerald and Pat exactly one year ago. It was one of the first rides I took my new (as of August last year) 2005 KDX220 on.

Rhino, do you know what the trail was called?
sorry not off the top of my head....to many North - sourth - east - west fork teanaway river trails....I can't keep them straight as I have been there once in 20 years. :thumbsup:

If I saw a map I might be able to pick it out.

Rhino