Sign in to follow this  

2001 Cr 250

My buddy is looking at buying a 2001 CR 250 today, and the guy is asking for 2,400 for it. i am not up to date with two strokes so i thought i would come to "the source" and get some info from y'all. what kind of condition does the bike need to be in for this to be a good deal? (great, good, or is it a good deal no matter what condition?) if not, what should we offer him for it?

If it's in Great condition I would give around 2,700.00 but if it has normal wear and is in good condition maybe 2,400.00 is about right, but I would see if you could talk him down to 2,100 because 2 smokes have depreciated a lot and are still depriciating a little.

out west that seems about fair..i could maybe get 2,000 for mine, and i think mine is in really good condition..it was in better shape then my friends 04 yz and he sold it for 2300

keep in mind, unless the guy replaced everything, you will probably have to sink some money into all new bearings, top end, clutch, etc..

Sweet, thanks for the input guys. we went and saw it and the bike had the top end rebuilt last year, and it was super clean. so we offered him 2,300 and he took it. So me and my buddy are ridin this week! im super stoked cause he hasnt been out in a while. hes coming from an '85 CR 250, so there wasnt much motivation for him to ride before. but he's way excited and anxious to get out on his new bike now