Sign in to follow this  

what offset are you running

rode an 06 last weekend and couldn't believe how in accurate the front wheel was it pushed real bad.....what offset are you running on t-clamps?...had 18mm on my 04 and worked really well

I believe Emig will make any offset you want.

actually i have a 06 as well and interested in what offsets as well also wanting go with a vertical sterring dapmner like the factory guys have that is mounted behind the front number plate but i don't know they are available to the public

rode an 06 last weekend and couldn't believe how in accurate the front wheel was it pushed real bad.....what offset are you running on t-clamps?...had 18mm on my 04 and worked really well

My friends and I all had this problem when we got our bikes. We got them better by dropping the forks in the clamps and softening up the whole suspension. The benefit also was that it didn't beat you to death anymore in choppy stuff. Our largest buddy 225lbs like the bike stock the best. I would guess because it is so stiff. I sent mine into RG3 to have my suspension done and I opted for their fork piston valves on top of the revalve. I have to say that not only does it handle the bumps with ease but it also corners well now. It doesn't feel like you are constantly going to loose the front end. It feels like the bike rides 2 inches in the travel lower in the turns. I don't know anyone that has gone to a different offset but I would get the suspension dialed in before you get different clamps.

and softening up the whole suspension. The benefit also was that it didn't beat you to death anymore in choppy stuff.

I guess I'm not the only one that thinks the CRF is little on the stiff side. :thumbsup: I don't have any problems with the overall handling of the bike.

Does softening the shock help it hook up better on rough ground? I'm going with a softer spring in the back....

I'm using 22's on my 05.

Where did you find at set of 18's? I've been looking for a set for my motard.

I had a set of 18's made by Topar (magnesium) but the bike turned waaaay to quick with them on so went back to std .....

I guess I'm not the only one that thinks the CRF is little on the stiff side. :thumbsup: I don't have any problems with the overall handling of the bike.

Does softening the shock help it hook up better on rough ground? I'm going with a softer spring in the back....

On mine they actuallygave me stiffer springs front and rear anddid the rest with valving. I weight 185 in street clothes if that helps.