Sign in to follow this  

Should I go orange?

Hey guys. I am in the process of selling my 00 yz426f right now and am trying to decide between a couple of bikes. I am wanting to look into KTM's but don't know much about them. I will be getting used because my price limit is about 4K.

I am going to be street legalizing it (just like I did my yz) so I would like something that works really well for both, but is mainly meant for trails and mx. Should I get the exc, or should I convert an sx? How well do these bikes hold up? Maintenance costs? Any helpful (and unbiased) advise of things to look into would be great. Thanks in advance! :thumbsup:

ah the perennial search for a bike that is street legal, mx and trail worthy.

good luck, let me know when you find one.

I tried to find the same thing, and bought the 06 450xc.

Not street legal though. I would not recommend it for street actually.

Gearing and motor are not really designed for that.

KTM makes tons of models for all different applications, since they feel there is no "all purpose" bike. Though their bikes are very flexible. Contradiction but true.

If you really like trails and need street legal, go with an EXC.

If you want trails and mx, go XC. it can also be made street legal.

You may try looking for a couple year old husky too. They made them street legal from the factory and they were pretty good trail bikes. A budy of mine has a street legal 450 exc in colorado and has no problems with it. Had to run steering stabilizer on the street because it got a little shaky over 70 mph.