Sign in to follow this  

Yoshimura cams - DRZ SM 05

Hi,

I bought Yoshimura cams (suxr245b), but i don't know if it's "stage 1" or "stage 2" ?

If it's stage 2, is it possible to mount this cams whithout engine modifications and new parts ?

(i have already an FCR carb).

Thanks for your help !! and sorry for my bad english

thanks !

is it possible to mount this cams whithout engine modifications and new parts ?

thanks again

Hi,

Is it hazardous to install manually the sprocket on the cam ? - without really valve timing adjustement? (just with the manual)

I don't use Yosh CDI : is is mandatory to install new shims valve spring set, and cotters valve ?

thanks

Thread revival....

I have a friend who is sending me a set of Yosh cams for my '03 e model. He had them laying around and asked if I wanted them. The bike is essentially stock, motor-wise, so while I expect no miracle improvements, what can I expect? Is it even noticeable from a seat of the pants standpoint?

I have the Yosh engine iliminater kit which consests of both sets of cams and a pro-comm CDI and valve shimms. I also put in stiffer valve springs. Is it better to just stick with the stock CDI and should I re-jet with this Yosh kit? I am at 4000+ft and have 150 main jet, 25 piolet with my mix screw @ 2.5 turns out and any other info you need is in my signature.

Thanks Jon

Thanks for the input guys, and yeah, "free" is one of my favorite words :-)

'beer' is 2nd.