Sign in to follow this  

Tokyo Carb Mod

I know I did a search looked at the postings and know about the REDBeard AP mod and the JD "O" ring. I looking for anyone that have got the mod and was wondering if they are still happy with the service and if it totally gotting rid of the BOG on quick throttle snaps.

Guys I am looking for someone to respond that has the TOKYO MOD, like I said I know about the Redbeard MOD etc.....I am trying to help someone out that is not as mechinically incline as you guys, and money isnt an issue get a quick fix.

Than have him ship it to Tokyo to get it done :thumbsup:

All kidding aside I have never herd of the Tokyo mod but my bike runs great with a 42 pilot and the JD kit. If he is not mechanical than he is a customer, let him take it in.

Than have him ship it to Tokyo to get it done :ride:

All kidding aside I have never herd of the Tokyo mod but my bike runs great with a 42 pilot and the JD kit. If he is not mechanical than he is a customer, let him take it in.

Wow...I love your hummor, Now I know why someone stole your bike. :thumbsup:

All I can say is WOW....I had the JD jetting Kit with the "O" ring with a Quick Shot and all the CCC mods and had a very slight bog and I want to see if I could get rid of it. Both my friend and I sent our carbs to Tokyo Mods. It totally eliminate our bogs and boy it made the throttle very crisp! They also returned the JD kit including the "O" ring and jets. All I can say they say is that if you have the money I would recommend to get it done. I can know pull wheelies in in third gear with ease (14/50 gearing) with out the fear of when wacking the throttle in third gear over a ditch or something in a race that the front end will rise and not bog or delay. I wish I would have saved the $160 I spent on the Quick Shot and the JD Kit and did the TOKYO MoD for a extra $50. :thumbsup:

hmm... I just plain dont understand everyones boggin issues after the re-jet. Mine only bogs when its not in gear and at idle. but when im ridding i can wheelie in 3rd gear just fine. It seems to me these modds everyones doing are a support for poor jetting.

But i guess not all these bikes are the same. Since some ppl have valve issuses and some dont.

Also my mechanic was telling me about a mod his shop does to the float bowl to "eliminate the bogg" and since I dont have one he said it will basically give u more power down low(extral spurt of gas) but if im not mistaken isnt that what the pumper(on the carb) is for?? An isnt it adjustaple of how much gas to shoot and when to shoot it in the rpm band?

Tokyo did the Carb on the X we still have.

It is pretty well set up, for sure, but I think you can get there by playing with the Leak Jet.

Not sure what Tokyo did differently but the JD Kit and Tokyo are good mods for folks that do not want to or do not know how to set it up the "traditional way" (trial and error).

If I recall, 42 Pilot and 65 Leak gets it close.

Tokyo did the Carb on the X we still have.

It is pretty well set up, for sure, but I think you can get there by playing with the Leak Jet.

Not sure what Tokyo did differently but the JD Kit and Tokyo are good mods for folks that do not want to or do not know how to set it up the "traditional way" (trial and error).

If I recall, 42 Pilot and 65 Leak gets it close.

I agree on that both mods have its merits. However I have spend a good amount of time researching the bog and buying gadgets trying to eliminate it (i.e. Quick Shot $90, JD jetting kit $70, Pilot Screw, Several slow, leak, and main jets, etc. totaling around $200 plus time). The last mod was the Red beard mods along with jetting that seem to get me the nearest to eliminating the bog. So with money to burn and search for the elimination of the bog I decided to send it out to TOKYO Mods. They did a total rebuild of the carb and replaced the and/or mod the leak jet, A/P, jetting, needle, and something to the cam/arm were I had the "O" ring/wired. It is stuck together some how with out using "O" ring/wired. I have not took the carb a apart yet I just wanted to get it in and test it. I have two mods I wish I would of bought before wasting a lot of time and money on other gadgets and TOKYO Mod is one those along with the Thumper 270 kit. The TOKYO mod is great and has cleaned up my carb making the throttle very crisp and eliminating the bog on quick wackes to the throttle. Now I feel confident to running a 14/51 while racing to be able to bring up the front end (over a creek, ditch, log, etc.) with a Wack on the throttle in 3rd gear and not have to worry about is it going to bog and put me over the bars. So if you don't want to waste a lot of time and money on gadgets and researching the forums for fixes you may just want to send it over to TOKYO Mods and I believe that it would be a wash on how much you spend and piece of mind for the bog solution in my opinion.

Guys I am looking for someone to respond that has the TOKYO MOD, like I said I know about the Redbeard MOD etc.....I am trying to help someone out that is not as mechinically incline as you guys, and money isnt an issue get a quick fix.

I thought you were trying to help out a rich fried who was not mechanically inclined. Were you the gut that money was no object? :thumbsup:

I guess I am just a little more mechanical and after the JD kit am not afraid of my bike putting me over the bars.

I thought you were trying to help out a rich fried who was not mechanically inclined. Were you the gut that money was no object? :thumbsup:

I guess I am just a little more mechanical and after the JD kit am not afraid of my bike putting me over the bars.

LOL......Like I said before now I know why someone stoled your bike. My friend paid for my mod to.

Just ribbing you cc. I am glad the Tokyo mod is performing well for you. The 270 kit is what has my interest now. Its terrible I am hopping for a valve problem so I can tear into it. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the ribbing it is good to see folks have a senses humor. At the time I got the TR270 kit I was 210 lbs (now 165) and the X just did not seem to have the extra power I needed. After I installed it I was very surprise of the difference the kit made. It was fairly easy to put in, but you have to watch out for the piston that I had was marked incorrectly, so I had to refer back to the head to make sure the piston indents matched were the valves go. As I wrote earlier the two best mods I bought IMO are the TR270 kit and the Tokyo Mod. Wasted a lot of money on gadgets the help very little.

WOW, 45 pounds. Thats great! What are you doing? I dropped 35, 210 to 175 in the last year. Just plain old exercise and eating better.