Sign in to follow this  

60/100 Watt Headlight Question

Went to the local Suzuki Dealership and they have some 60/100W bulbs, I was going to get one for my S but the guy at the parts desk wouldnt sell it to me because he says if your wiring is not set up for the bulb it will fry it. Is this true? Or does he need to brush up on his knowledge?

There's a reason they are called "parts monkeys" It will work fine and as long as you don't have much additional drain your stator is more than up for it.

Is the dip/main switch up to the added current, as far as I remember there is no relay in this circuit. :ride:

And how would it be affected if you were to use a diode to keep the dip beam on when main is selected :applause:

Sounds to me as if we Noble's input on this one.

Neil. :thumbsup::applause::applause:

Thanks for all the input guys!! I think that little douch needs to go back to school :ride: . Most of the local Suzuki shops here in So. Cal. are kinda iffy :thumbsup: .

i believe you shouldn't have no problems but on the other hand some of us that want our cyclops low and high on at the same time we need to run a relay from the battery to the light so that we will not have any overloading problems.i instead put in PIAA bulbs and they are really bright.maybey try that avenue first.55w PIAA bulb = 110watts