Sign in to follow this  

Bike armor

Well now that thats out of the way and it seems that a rock or something got lodged in there and chewed up the chain guide/sprocket and everything else what armor for the bike can I get to help protect it and what brand does everyone prefer? I was looking for a thread on, skid plates etc but cant find one. Obviously I want a skid plate, but would also like to do the kick stand mod in addition to the already answered cljutch lever release one. I WILL be getting this thing dirty on a regular basis. I just found out what radiator guards are. I am completely new and dont want to make an expensive mistake.

Many of us run the white bros skid plate. At one time it was the best offered. Then came the tonn's and his was tauted as being an improvment. The latest, and of course tauted as being the greatest is the official TT skid plate.

many options, most are good.

i run (and swear by) tonns skid plate, unabiker rad guards, cnc engine case gaurds, and acerbis rally-2 hand gaurds. and a good set of bars are a must.

I have the white bros, its thick but just doesnt offer any side protection, such as the waterpump cover.

I need my bash plates to at least cover the whole waterpump cover. And aussie products provide that. Whipps bash plate or B&B aluminium !