Sign in to follow this  

FJ Cruiser

I just bought a new Black FJ Cruiser. I can't wait to get the thing dirty. I should be able to take the family on some fun Baja trips now. Anyone else have one?

I really like the FJ, I almost bought one a few months ago. I just couldn't get with the interior and the layout of the vehicle, so I went with my old standby, Jeep.

I like the FJ's, i wish i could fit a bike in one, i would probably get one..

Looking at getting one in a 6 speed. It was either that or a new mustang. Its most likely going to be an FJ in Blue

Sweet ride man

Ah, Voodoo blue, nice choice. Another popular color is that yellow. Its more like a county truck yellow. All these are in high demand now. If we get one that isnt spoken for, it usually is by the wend of the day, but most are spoken for right now. It will settle down and be easier to get one in a little bit.

I have one, but not the pansy ass one they sell now. I have a 1972 FJ40, and a 1990 FJ62.

Past cruisers:

1993 FZJ80

1987 FJ60

1985 FJ60

1983 FJ60

Cruisers are mint, but that new thing they are selling is no cruiser. Nice ride for you, just not a real cruiser. I get angry when I see what Toyota did. Instead of selling that, they should bring this over. I would be the first buyer.

http://www.4wdonline.com/Toyota/70.html

Thats pretty cool if you get lonely on the ranch :thumbsup:

ToyotaMech,

What kind of gas mileage, price and towing capabilities are we talkin??

Well, my numbers wont be as good as a salesmans, as this is more their department. But from memeory, towing will be around 6500 lbs, its the 4.0 V6, around 250 HP, comes with the auto, manual, 6 speed. Mileage isnt real good, I think it was 14-17 town, maybe 18-23 highway?

Those dont sound too bad, i wouldnt mind getting one in a year or 2.. Thanks

People have been asking for a vehicle that has the off-road capability of a 4Runner but isnt quite so upscale. The FJ is that vehicle.

The LC Prado would be nice, but its ride is too "truck like" for what most people want in an SUV nowdays.

We took it for pretty good ride yesterday. We decided against crossing the border since it has no plates, and we really don't have the paperwork yet. A lot of the areas around Dulzura were closed, but we finally found some nice trails towards the east end of the Otay Truck Trail. There were some beautiful views, and of course I forgot my camera. It was a funny feeling being out there sitting in a comfortable seat with air conditioning, and the stereo on. I'm used to bouncing around on my bike in the heat and dust. It was really great to be able to take my family out there, and it was nice to bring a brand new truck home completely filthy.

The things really seem like great offroad vehicles. The frame is actually based on the Prado frame. The manual says the towing capacity is 5000 lbs. I haven't seen any reviewer that didn't like it. I saw video of people taking stock FJ's on the Rubicon, and in Glamis. It seems like they will go just about anywhere. And they are just so nice and comfortable. Its so quiet and such a smooth ride. I'm very happy with mine.

I see the power ratings (torque/horsepower) are followed by the Premium Fuel being used. Is it Premium fuel mandatory or is optional Regular grade if you don't need the highest numbers possible from the motor? Diesel would be great option.

Cool new ride. I saw a few running around Pismo last weekend. They got around quite well from what I saw. What are those things that look like speakers facing forward on the mirrors?

Also saw a Kia Sportage out there, beat up and primered, with a V8 stuffed into it! The ultimate dune sleeper...that ugly thing hauled ass.

What are those things that look like speakers facing forward on the mirrors?

There small but very loud speakers for the car in front of you.

:goofy:They're turn signal lights. Almost time for a comfortable, and clean Baja trip. We need to see how much Tecate we can fit in this thing. It should go anywhere in Baja except the single track.

...What are those things that look like speakers facing forward on the mirrors?...

Those are small spotlights, they come on steady shining toward the side you are turning, it knows by the use of the blinker. So if you doing some heavy 4 wheeling and need to make a turn around a stump, turn the blinker on so you can see enough to get around it!

:thumbsup:

I have one, but not the pansy ass one they sell now. I have a 1972 FJ40, and a 1990 FJ62.

Past cruisers:

1993 FZJ80

1987 FJ60

1985 FJ60

1983 FJ60

Cruisers are mint, but that new thing they are selling is no cruiser. Nice ride for you, just not a real cruiser. I get angry when I see what Toyota did. Instead of selling that, they should bring this over. I would be the first buyer.

http://www.4wdonline.com/Toyota/70.html

gimme one of those with a nice little diesel motor in it that gets 25 mpg on the highway...

As veruca salt said in willy wonka and the chocolate factory - "DADDY, I WANT IT AND I WANT IT NOW!!!".

FJ cruiser reminds me of the honda ridgeline. It's a car with a utility looking body... I looked at mileage estimates for the fj - 19/22 according to epa - which I have always found to be a tad high. For reference, my chevy duramax does 22 mpg highway and tows 15k pounds...

I am waiting for the clean diesels to hit the market over the next year - then I will switch into a smaller diesel with better mileage and not as "super-sized" (I currently have a chevy 1 ton crew cab longbed - single rear wheels).

jeff

they seem like they are capable off roaders. especially with maybe a small lift and nice off-road tires.

Also might i ask roughly where you live weeeee? do you live around Jamul?

i got a friend with one.. it was bought for his wife and he thought it was goingto suck as a off road vehicle. since then hes been out quite a few times in it and said it runs great and creap over just about everything