Sign in to follow this  

yz125 advice

im thinkin about gettin a used yz125 (older model 98-02 to learn on a REAL BIKE instead of beatin up a brand new 250f)

im 5'7'' 160 lbs and comin offa ttr125le, would you reccomend this bike for me?

i :thumbsup: yamaha only so dont waste ur time reccomending any other brand

You're perfect size for a 125, go for it. I came off a KLX125L and had no problems learning how to ride a 125.

yea.. that sounds perfect.. im in the process of getting new shifting forks in my tansmition and putting new clutch plates and top-end (piston) in my 2003 yz125.. and am probably gonna sell it by christmas or later.. and pick up one those nice ktm144's coming out.

The YZ125's are good bikes but they are race bikes so they won't allow being in the wrong gear like your old TTR would. Good news is the YZ is at least twice as fast as your old bike. You'll like it just fine and will be glad you bought one. Try to get an '01 or newer. :thumbsup:

thx, i found an 03 in awesome shape a few hours from here does 2k sound about right?

Sounds about right depending on the shape it's in. Sometimes it is better to pay a little more for a bike that was well maintained than one that wasn't.

the 03 is prolly the latest model i wanna get because ima be gettin an 07 yz250f

yeah its in pretty good shape and was well maintained, i can probly get him down to about 1800