Sign in to follow this  

2006 tc450

hi there i have a few questions on the 2006 tc450 i was wondering for anyone who already owns one to give a summed up short review on the bike, also how hard is the bike to kick, just from the parts it comes with it looks like the closest to a "works" bike as a normal person could get (marzocchi 50mm forks, ohlins shock arrow titanium exhaust etc.) so any help on info about the bike would help alot.

thanks,

ben

the bike is great pretty easy to kick start or you could get the opt estart the bike is well equipt easy to work on compared to the jap bikes great power all around parts are pretty easy to get just need to know were to look get it have fun with it :thumbsup:

thansks for the help so far, it sounds like it is a nice bike, is it good for all around riding (some trails, some jeep roads, some motocross, some open feild playing around, etc)? also is the bike only 222lb, because that is really light thats what it says on all of the websites and at the husky website?

i've ridden a number of hondas and yamahas and other brands, many sizes, 100-450, but i don't think i would get the bike right now more like next summer, but im trying to see about all the different types of bikes.

is there much difference between the 2006 tc450 and the 07?

the bike is great for all types of riding i've rode mine on the track, in the hills, and through tight tech stuff great bike all around mods for my bike have been boyesen quick shot and dropped a tooth on the front sprocket and as far as weight i really dont think it feels any heavier then the 99 yz125 i was on before :thumbsup:

See if you can ride a TC and see if you like it. If you can't do that then if you can ride a YZ250f which has similar gearing - i.e. if you set the sprockets for the type of trail riding you want to do, then would you have enough mph at a low enough rpm to make you happy on dirt roads?

The TCs gearing is in between the crf450R and CRF450X, and for that matter the gearing on the TE is right between the YZ250f and the WR250f if that helps.

As far as I know there has been little changes in the TC but they seem MUCH cheaper if you get one new a year old.

I own a 06 TC 450. Have had it since Feb and race it about 2 times per month and practice the other 2 weekends. Here my 2 cents.

Bike was hard to start swhen hot , Installed a JD kit and it is super easy to start. I dont use the hot start. Forks are harsh but we solved that with a New basevalve and shim stack, works excellent now. Motoxotica can get it for you from TCMototech. Have had the silencer tabs break off the subframe and is the 2nd bike I know of. The radiators are pretty weak and I have bent them with my knees so Ive installed braces, problem solved again.

The bike rips and is super fun to ride on a MX track. Im going to get an 07. Ive done the Hondas Yamahas and KTms. Im going to to stick wtih the Husky because the durability and Fun to ride. Parts I get from Halls and Motoxotica but I havent had to order anything except accessories.

Johnny 'Used to ride a Husky' Airtime broke his exhaust can mounts off his TE510. I'm sure ~1000 miles of Baja helped.

He fabricated a very nice bracket to reinforce as Husky-71 can attest (he's bought the bike).

I made a very quick and dirty 1/32" SS strap to help take the load off the alum. brackets.

http://www.pbase.com/anepoch/image/61399885