Sign in to follow this  

Ways to keep a CRF150 ccol.

I'd like tp keep the motor as cool as possible. Sometimes I think it get excessivly hot. Can you mount an oil cooler to these things?

I have it uncorked and rejetted....kind of just lokoing for peace of mind I guess. :thumbsup:

And I saw that cooler over there and didn't remember it. Thanks.

ya I dont think you should really have problems with a mostly stock crf150 in any riding conditions.

When I go out riding I leave mine running for hours on end letting all my friends ride while I take breaks.. And I all I do is slow wheelies under 10mph with the bike near redline

Although I live in missouri so its not quiet as hot as azrizona!

That's an XR100 motor in a CR80 frame (notice the rear disc brake etc...).

MP

The best thing you can do to help cooling in a 150/230:

Proper jetting

and

Good motorcycle specific synthetic oil of the proper weight recommended by the manual for your climatic conditions.

The best thing you can do to help cooling in a 150/230:

Proper jetting

and

Good motorcycle specific synthetic oil of the proper weight recommended by the manual for your climatic conditions.

I would think synthetic might not be good right now. I've been running GN4 in this thing since I got it.

I have rejetted....twice. I think it's perfect now.

108 Main

42 pilot

Size 30 needle on 4th clip position

3 turns out on fuel screw

Also...you guys should try mixing pump gas with U4. I mix 4:1. Bit more pop, and the lubrication help with the lead.

But thanks for the reassurance, guys. I think I may put an oil cooler on there, just for fun. I found some CR80 forks and shock for cheap....I already beat the piss out of this thing on our sandy MX track, now that I'll be jumping it higher, I'll probably be taxing the motor even more, but I'm gonna leave the motor stock. No sense in messing up a good thing.

I'll get pictarz up for you guys next week of tMini racing! :thumbsup::ride:

Way too lean for U4...watch out. I ran it and was using a 118/120 main/45 pilot with a richer needle. Watch out watch out!!!...this could be where the extra heat is coming from. The U4 is seriously oxygenated and also

tends to run 2-3 jet sizes larger. I was running a 112 main prior to the U4 trials. I didn't like it, too much heat, pipe and other aluminum part corrosion, and not worth the probs.

my dos pesos