Sign in to follow this  

How did everyone do at Waldo today?

I wrecked pretty good... the girl that I (and another guy) landed on didn't seem to be doing well... she was carted off. I don't know her condition but she wasn't moving her leg(s).

Well considering my starts sucked (worse starting of any race ever), I think I was second to last or last, outta both moto's, at the gate, I did make up some ground (11/15 first moto and I think close to that for second - too sore and tired to stick around + a 3 hr drive home).

A few bad wrecks as described happened and I hope they all are okay.

Don :thumbsup:

See everyone at Bithlo in a couple of weeks!

The girl that crashed had a broken femur and a rider in the +25 class suffered a subdural hematoba, he was airlifted to shanes. The last motos ran 3 laps while waiting on him to get arlifted out. No word on him yet this morning.

Dan

I can find out about the kid that was taken to Shands as I work there and would have taken care of this kid had I been working. Broken femur? Was she racing you guys' class or was this in practice?

I believe the girl "J Ro" as they call her was in the 16-24 youth class.

The "kid" turned out to be a 28yo guy names Robert Moody. He is in serious condition in the ICU at Shands. He had a pretty big bleed in his head that caused some midline shift in the brain. They put a ventriculostomy tube in to relieve the pressure. But it looks like his Glascow Coma Score (GCS) is improving and he should make a full recovery.

Broken femur? Was she racing you guys' class or was this in practice?

practice

I think her name is Sharon

The "kid" turned out to be a 28yo guy names Robert Moody. He is in serious condition in the ICU at Shands. He had a pretty big bleed in his head that caused some midline shift in the brain. They put a ventriculostomy tube in to relieve the pressure. But it looks like his Glascow Coma Score (GCS) is improving and he should make a full recovery.

wow thats cool, I am really glad to hear that.

FTR has far too many injuries for it's venue. Every year you read of families pulling out because of injuries or the unbelievable costs from them.

Dons knee held out on him and it just wouldn't let him go. It was just what I needed to stay ahead of him.

Dan

Dan,

that was just mean I tell ya :applause:

At least I wasn't running around in my underwear :applause: (no wonder the wifey won't let you run HS, you can't even find your pants :applause: )

Phil,

Knees (both got sliced ya know)!!! They are fine and I only used the neoprene braces (the ones with the velcro straps and thin aluminum strips on the sides) vice the DonJoy brace on the left. I know I can ride without them but I just want to give them a "long time" (figure a year) to make the rehab complete. I know Dr. S would (and has) tell me to just ride and quit being a wuss and throw that :ride::applause: DonJoy brace ($1283.00) away!!

You should have raced, my starts were awful!!

did jacquieline really brake her femur?? wut happend?? that sux so much she was coming off a good ride at LL's.

did jacquieline really brake her femur?? wut happend?? that sux so much she was coming off a good ride at LL's.

go to the link on the 1st page, it says Sharon Power broke her femur, and J Ross just got hit in the face