Sign in to follow this  

How tall are those of you using BigDR risers?? Who users risers, bigdrs or nothing?

I am on the fence guys. I have some Big DR risers, Pro Taper 1 1/8 CR Hi bars and Cycra Pro Bend hand guards w/side triple clamp mount just placed on the DRZ (not tightened down).

I have not bent or modified anything yet (am going to take 1.25" to 1.5" off of each bar end). I am having some fit issues with the Cycras and think I can make them fit by drilling another mount point hole (to triple mount) and bending the handguard right where the bolt goes into the bar end (I want to keep the handguard up at the hands and not let it drop down.

So...I am 5'10" tall and have the risers and bars mounted and am wondering if it is too much for my height. I don't know if I should just modify the hell out of it all (bars, handguards, ignition switch, etc.) or should just go with some nice 7/8" renthal bars in the stock clamps (and have no fitment issues), or order up some other bar clamps from Cycra? :thumbsup::ride::applause:

So those that have risers and bigdr risers, how tall are you?

i would think at 5'10" you wouldn't need bar risers.i'm 6'1" and i use the uni kit that goes with the protapers.they raise the bars about an inch and works great for me.not sure what you should do with the hand guards though.i run acerbis pro rally 2s and have no fitment issues

i would think at 5'10" you wouldn't need bar risers.i'm 6'1" and i use the uni kit that goes with the protapers.they raise the bars about an inch and works great for me.not sure what you should do with the hand guards though.i run acerbis pro rally 2s and have no fitment issues

Unless I go with 7/8" bars I have to use something so the 1 1/8" bars will fit (barring getting a new triple clamp set-up). I would like a more height for standing...and the big DR risers feel nice for that (as I stand on the DRZ in the garage). They just feel to up when I sit, but then again I am new to this.

the universal kit fits into the stock 7/8 clamps, you can get it at the TT store. its about 30$

i'm 6 feet tall...

I use the bigdr bar risers, i have renthal 7/8 bars.. (not sure what bend and the cycra probend with triple clamp mount.

It fits fine..

I'm 6'4" with big risers and jimmy button renthals works for me. I'd try a set of taller bars first.

I just ordered risers from Advanced Motorcycle Products:

motorcycleproducts dot org

They have two forward positions and only cost $58 delivered so I thought I would give them a try. I am 6'2" and the Jimmy Button Renthals were not enough rise and not forward enough.

Reviving an old thread, but figured I'd put a picture in somewhere...

I just put on these risers, and put in longer screws with 1 inch nylon sleeves to make the speedo fit. The shroud is tight, but fits fine. Now I can stand! Very nice.

CIMG4832.jpg

Reviving an old thread, but figured I'd put a picture in somewhere...

I just put on these risers, and put in longer screws with 1 inch nylon sleeves to make the speedo fit. The shroud is tight, but fits fine. Now I can stand! Very nice.

CIMG4832.jpg

How tall are you?

where do you get the BigDR risers? I'm not finding a link. Can someone pass it on?

thanks

john

I'm 6'4" and I run standard height TAG bars in the stock risers. I dunno....I fit fine around town (prob because its way comfy compared to all my sport bike riding), maybe a wee bit crampd standing up off road.

I'd love to see what the CR high bends look like on a Deezer....any pipcs?

I'm 6' 0" tall. I started out with Renthals CR HI bends. Then I tried a set of 1" vertical risers. Better, but still not what I felt I needed. Now I run the 1 1/4" high forward mounted risers(from Canada) and CR HI bend Renthal bars. Pretty nice setup. Honestly, when riding off-road standing up, I think they could stand to be even a little taller yet. I haven't taken any pics in the last month or so, but I'll try to snap a few in the tomorrow or Thursday.

IMHO, anyone seriously riding a DRZ off road would benefit from a taller bar setup. Most of the people running taller aftermarket bars and risers would probably benefit( even if they thought their current setup was good) from taller risers/bars than they chose in the first place. I know that each time I increase the height of the bars (and/or move them forward) I'm rewarded with more comfort and improved control.

You can buy the Big DR style risers here.

http://www.barrisersonline.com/

• Like 1

I run Pro Taper 7/8" ATV high bars with good results. I am 6'1"+ and like the old school feel of the higher bars. Makes riding while standing much easier on the back. :thumbsup:

I'm a touch over 6 feet (186 cm) and have the Renthal CR-HI with ProTaper riser/converters to the fat bar clamps - about 3/4 inch rise.

100 times better when standing - before I was so hunched over that I could hardly control the bike when changing gears. Made a huge difference.