Sign in to follow this  

FCR-MX Question for Burned

I installed the FCR-MX yesterday.... everything went smoothly. I am riding at 800 feet, stock exhaust, 155 main jet. Everything is per the "Burned Kit".

The improvement in performance is very noticeable.... except off idle. I now have a hesitation that I didn't have with the old BSR carb. I've also noticed that when I'm just cruising, or decelerating, that the bike "burbles". This may be normal?

The real issue is the hesitation. I have the FMS01 fuel screw, and thought that perhaps it wasn't set right, so I turned it in - all the way - and the bike continues to idle fine?? If anything, the idle increases with the fuel screw all the way in. Turning the fuel screw out 3 or more turns makes the bike start to idle roughly.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

some of the xtended fuel screws tend to not be machined correctly and make the pilot circuit rich.

you can either go back to the stock fuel screw (set it at 2 turns and leave it) or start going leaner on the pilot jet.

Burned,

I pulled out the FMS01, and replaced it with the original FCR-MX fuel screw. When adjusting the original fuel screw, I found that I could screw it in all the way and the bike would still idle fine. When I turn the fuel screw out, the bike will die if I blip the throttle while clutched???

Fuel screw all the way in, it runs fine. Great acceleration, easy wheelies, bog gone.

Should I go leaner on the pilot jet... or leave as is? If you recommend a new pilot jet, what size should I go with?

Thanks!