Sign in to follow this  

clutch upgrade

i have an 06 450r and was wondering what would be a good clutch upgrade. i heard that the stock clutches dont last long anyway and was told to get heavy duty clutch springs. i seen the barnett clutch kit with heavy duty springs anyone running this? oh and it pops a little when you let off the gas, can i just adjust the fuel screw?

Stock Honda clutch plates are great! Just replace the springs at the same time, and if you really want to get a good clutch, add a Magura hydraulic setup. If the basket or inner hub is grooved, aftermarket parts are better and cheaper sometimes, at least on the basket.

I tried the Barnett's, not much luck, stock plates worked better.

I was having issues with clutch slippage, so I simply put a spark plug washer under each clutch spring and it added enough additional pressure to keep the clutch locked up under hard acceleration. Cheap and easy. A Pro firend of mine had the same issue and after putting in a Hinson hub and basket along with new plates and springs it did the same thing. He put some washers in and voila! Problem solved.

Stay stock on the friction plates and steels...just trust me.

i heard that the stock clutches dont last long anyway and was told to get heavy duty clutch springs.

The clutch will last as long as you don't abuse it like you do on a 2 stroke. I can burn up a 450 clutch in one ride if I want to. I can also make a stock clutch last all year by riding the bike correctly.