Sign in to follow this  

250f hight issue

hey i was wondering what is the shortest a person could be and still ride a 250f, i am 5'0 or 5'1 without boots, 5'2 or 5'3 with boots on. is that to short for a stock yz250f? i feel to tall on my cr80rb, and would like to move up anyway. i can lose 1 or 1 1/2 off the seat if i have to, but do not want to do a lowering link.

Yeah, that's too short for one of those bikes. Don't get me wrong, you could ride one, and you could ride one fast if you've got the skill. However, I've got a friend who, when they ride my 250F has to have me hold the bike and that's about how tall they are. If I were you, I'd wait it out one more year, unless you feel that you can shave enough off the seat. Why don't you want to use a lowering link?

why don't you just get a yz 125 although they are not a lot smaller they are a lot lighter and that will make it easier to keep upright for a person thats vertically challenged like yourself

i think i was about 5'4" when i got mine...had a bit of trouble getting on, but i'm no where near flexible. maybe wait a year or two, if you drink your milk you'll be tall enough in no time :thumbsup:

Im 5'3" 1/4 and have no problem riding my 250f. Im always on one foot or the other when im at a stop, but its easy to control for me. At 5'0"-5'1", thats pushing it though, I know its possible, but you'd prolly have a hard time if u was to stall or something. Give it another year and you'll be good.

What is your inseam? that is more relevant than height. Some people never touch the ground unless in the pits and ride the wheels off this bike. For starting they use " the little red stepstool method".

cr977,

I am 5'5 and have been "short" all my life. I have always rode motorcycles (dirt bikes) that I can not reach the ground with both feet. Moving up will really help you , you will get the advantage of the "bigger" bikes suspension and will enjoy riding a whole lot more. Just my past experiance talking. But you must do what feels good to you ,do not rush it if :thumbsup:

smiley

my dad is 5'4 and he rides 125s with stock seats, the main reason i want to switch to a 250f is because i am really good on my 80, i can beat my dad when he is on a 125 around an enduro loop, and i can touch flat footed on my 80 and it makes me feel huge on the bike.

my dad is 5'4 and he rides 125s with stock seats, the main reason i want to switch to a 250f is because i am really good on my 80, i can beat my dad when he is on a 125 around an enduro loop, and i can touch flat footed on my 80 and it makes me feel huge on the bike.

If you are going to use it for mx, I would say it can be done. If you wreck getting it started again could be your worst problem but could be done.

For trail riding I would say no. At 6' I often come across stuff that makes the bike higher and I am leaned to the side and can barely keep it up. At 5' you would just be killing yourself in the woods I would think.

well I'm about 5ft 5 in and 5ft 6 with boots on i ride trails and would i have a hard time I'm thinking about this bike how could i bring it down Abbot an inch and would be fine riding wise i dont have to lean it over now just one foot so what could i do

well I'm about 5ft 5 in and 5ft 6 with boots on i ride trails and would i have a hard time I'm thinking about this bike how could i bring it down Abbot an inch and would be fine riding wise i dont have to lean it over now just one foot so what could i do

On the first page of this thread are a few guys shorter than you who ride the yz250f. I would say you can adapt to it. I am just lucky that I can touch both feet to the ground but to kick start it you can lean the bike and get it going just fine. Your only problem would be in the trail if you get stopped in an area where the bike is then higher than the ground it is going to make keeping it up almost impossible. Of course this stuff happens to me too at 6' so it really happens to anyone.

I would say get on one, see if you feel comfortable leaned over trying to kick it, how the weight feels to you with it leaned over this far and go from there.

In time you will figure out your own way of dealing with stuff...