Sign in to follow this  

Streetbikes in SoCal

How many of you ride streetbikes in the southern california area? I was thinkin of getting one in a couple years.

Thanks

sounds like you need to think before you type. :ride:

not in so cal, but i am gettin my liscense in a few months, and already ride the gixxer around on back roads. its alot of fun. very dangerous.

its not the bike, speeding, any of that thats dangerous.

its the people out there around you.

they dont see you, never think they see you, never ever assume they see you. always assume they dont.

and you will be fine, and it will be one of the most fun things you will ever do.

:thumbsup:

im gonna definently pay close attention to everyone elses actions, and watch out for them. But when i get to an open road or freeway with noone around for a while..................im gone.

sounds like you need to think before you type. :ride:

not in so cal, but i am gettin my liscense in a few months, and already ride the gixxer around on back roads. its alot of fun. very dangerous.

its not the bike, speeding, any of that thats dangerous.

its the people out there around you.

they dont see you, never think they see you, never ever assume they see you. always assume they dont.

and you will be fine, and it will be one of the most fun things you will ever do.

:thumbsup:

Thanks for telling me something I already know...what I was saying is with the traffic in So-Cal being so heavy, there are many people you would have to watch out for, many accidents can happen, and it can be really dangerous. I lived in Detroit most of my life, so I seen many accidents, and I know that you have to watch out for other drivers. I drive awesome, its the other idiots on the road. I'll be moving out to Los Angeles in less than a year now, so I would even see more traffic and stuff.

Did I say streetbikes are a death wish? Nope, I meant the traffic and crazy drivers, accidents that can happen are. One of my best friends died going down 696 (Freeway in Detroit) a few months ago by a driver hitting him and not looking where he was going. I was riding right next to him...from then on I no longer ride in busy traffic, and like to ride out more in the countryside. He can do what he want's, just needs to be careful.

To answer his question though, yes...I'm sure thousands of people ride streetbikes in So-Cal...