Sign in to follow this  

RC Valve problems?????

Has any one had this problem??? I just put a new top end on my 04 cr250 with no problems or at least i thought. Bike starts right up and idles fine,but then i give it gas and it loses power sort of like a stuck choke. I pull the cover off thr RC and notice the valves are not moving. i check the cables they are good all fittings are pluged in. I then take off assembly and move vales manually bike runs fine. Is there a way to test the servo motor.??

and is there a link between the throttle sensor on the carb and the servo motor??? I am not sure which it is CDI-servo motor or if the throttle sensor and carb has anything to do with any of it..

Thanks Richard

I had 2 problems with my servo on my '05. The first problem was the valve was staying closed & won't open. Checked the wire harness & found a wire was broken inside the insulation. It looked good but when you ohm test it was open. The wire got pulled somehow enough to brake the wire. The other problem was it would stay up. I took the servo apart & the motor was corroded. Water got in there somehow. Tried to fix it but had to buy a new servo.

If it was working fine before you did the top end you should double check all the connectors & make sure a wire didn't get snagged. If you have a manual there are some ohms tests for the servo. You can test it with 12 volts. Find the 2 wires for the motor (can't remember the colors) & apply 12 volts, it should move one way, then reverse the leads & it should move the other way.

The tps doesn't effect the servo, it's only for adjusting the ingition timing.