Sign in to follow this  

fork seal savors

k i dont know what to do. my 2006 crf250x has have two leaks in the forks.There is no dents in it so it must be from dirt or something i dont know what.do the fork seal saver things work good or what should i do? And what may casue them to have leaked?

seal savers work :thumbsup: -----dirt is what causes them to leak----there is a dust seal that prolly has a couple specs of big enough dirt to cause a leak----get the whole forks gone through and cleaned out and new seals put in and put the savers over them and they wont leak again---just remember when u wash your bike to flip the savers up over the retaining rings to let them air dry or else youll get corrosion :ride:

k thanks for the help. replacing the forks are geting too expensive to replace. i am going to have to learn to do it myslef if i blow them again. is it easy to replace them your self?

I just did mine this weekend. Everything is easy except driving in the new seals. A seal driver is about $60. I just took mine to the closest dealer )KTM) and he used his and drove them in for $6 each.

o thats a pretty good deal. mabee ill do that next. hopefully it wont leak again

a guy in my series had them (when i was thinking of getting them) saw him and the begining of this season and he did not have them. He says he had them for 2 or 3 years and had problems with mud and grit getting up in them and causing excessive wear. I have never run them and have not had any problems with it.

However, we dont run in sandy conditions like those in California, but we do have plenty of mud and rocks.