Sign in to follow this  

buyer beware

i bought a xr100 fuel tank off ebay. it was a good tank the right year and a good deal. the seller was one who i have bought from before. is a profesional, with 100% positive feed back. I would buy from him again. I fit the tank on my conversion bike and today i went to put fuel in to start it for the first time. I opened the tank and saw a crystaly white substance around the fill hole. SUGAR!!! I tasted it. I took it off and shook about 1/4 cup of sugar out of the tank! I'm sure that did not happen at my house. I emailed the seller to tell him about it as well. may be a P.O ed worker? I know the seller himself didnt do it. but it remains an unsolved mistery. I am glad that i didnt ruin my brand new bike. If its Ebay, check it out completely.

Contrary to popular belief, sugar won't ruin the engine but it will clog the filter [if you have one] and plug the carb jets. Still, that's pretty crappy!!! :thumbsup:

I know it may have looked,felt, and smelled like sugar, but...

WHY THE :thumbsup: DID YOU TASTE IT!!!

A lesson to all the kids out there, never take candy from strangers.

I know it may have looked,felt, and smelled like sugar, but...

WHY THE :thumbsup: DID YOU TASTE IT!!!

A lesson to all the kids out there, never take candy from strangers.

Haha it's either sugar, crack, or anthrax.....what's the worst that could happen? :ride:

Haha it's either sugar, crack, or anthrax.....what's the worst that could happen? :thumbsup:

Best... Reply... EVER!