Sign in to follow this  

Amazing Ride!

My first time trail riding in Colorado was Saturday at Woodland park. Went with Dreamstriker, ColoradoBrad and some fast mortgage guys from Denver. We basically rode a motocross pace for several hours. Man, I am so sore today. I can not believe how pretty it is up there. ( except for the quad guys dusting us out in the parking lot. Whats up with that?!) Now I need to sell my RMZ 450 to buy a KTM if you know anybody looking. That bike is a bit much in the woods. Anyways, thanks for taking me up there. I can't wait to go again! :thumbsup:

My first time trail riding in Colorado was Saturday at Woodland park. Went with Dreamstriker, ColoradoBrad and some fast mortgage guys from Denver. We basically rode a motocross pace for several hours. Man, I am so sore today. I can not believe how pretty it is up there. ( except for the quad guys dusting us out in the parking lot. Whats up with that?!) Now I need to sell my RMZ 450 to buy a KTM if you know anybody looking. That bike is a bit much in the woods. Anyways, thanks for taking me up there. I can't wait to go again! :thumbsup:

I am glad you came to my town (Woodland Park) and enjoy riding trail 717! The trail 717 has great single track as will.

Great Ride! You guys are awesome riders :ride: I had a great time trying to keep up.

It was nice to meet everyone. Thanks for letting me tag along :thumbsup:

Great ride guys, we'll have to keep in touch and do some more riding! :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: Ya gotta love fun rides like that!

Thanks for a fun day guys!

Only 3 wipeouts I know of--me getting a little overconfident in a wash, ColoradoBrad with a slow speed tip-over coming down a steep drop (see below), and JimT trying to manhandle the bike but getting it back going up a root step. No injuries, just good fun (and some humility-- at least in my case! :ride: )

214796936_faed2ccaf1.jpg

See the rest of the pics on my Dreamstriker flickr account under Motorcycle Trips.

Let's do it again soon. Much thanks to Dreamstriker for helping out with the Honda "key incident" ( another Humility thing) and turning me on to the great sushi place near the trails. The sushi slam after needs to be a new tradition as well. :thumbsup:

Three questions from an observer:

1. Where is this sushi that you speak of?

2. Where was that picture taken? I have ridden up there some but do not remember seeing a section that looked like that.

3. Is anyone interested in a ride up there this coming Sunday?

Three questions from an observer:

1. Where is this sushi that you speak of?

2. Where was that picture taken? I have ridden up there some but do not remember seeing a section that looked like that.

3. Is anyone interested in a ride up there this coming Sunday?

2. That's taken on the north side of Wildhorn road, about 3 miles before the powerline trail... yes? Love that section...

Don't look like a "designated route" to me...

It used to be part of 717 and last time I was there, it wasn't "closed" only washed out big time. That's actually where the trail used to run before the

kwads made a route up and over the rocks because even before the washout, it was gnarly for the kwad krowd and would shake up their "drinks"

I have to tell you. I chickened out and walked that section. About half of us walked and that was even tricky. ColoradoBrad is a trooper and went for it. Unfortunately, his right leg was about 7 feet too short and...... well you know the rest but at least he went for it! Much respect.

The sushi place was off 25 and 24 in the strip center on the right. I know, I know. No strip center sushi. But this place was really good and very convenient. A definite thumbs up and definitely would be an easy tradition to start....

The only way I've found to ride that is to go around the tree on the right, and angle across the tops of the three rocks. Looks like he tried to ride down the left side... gnarly!

I don't remember it being as bad as it looks in the picture, but it wasn't a cake walk. A couple of the other guys with better skillz than me made it down with no problems :thumbsup: