Sign in to follow this  

Evansville Raceway.Berwick PA.

Just got back from Evansville raceway.I stayed the weekend free camping.They have 3 tracks super-cross national and hare scramble.I rode the super-cross it was good not great,needs some more work.The national, thats another story it was awesome very narrow but you can pass. Allot of very steep hills and 2 sick one uphill and one down.When I got there I did not think I would have fun on the track or even do the hills.Very intimidating.But it was a blast I cant wait to go back.Anyone else been there lately.

I was there during the July 4th weekend. I didn't ride the SX track as I thought it looked very tight and narrow. I did about 2 laps on the hare scramble course. That was very tiring on my YZ250. The rest of the time I rode the MX track with the big hills. That was a blast. When I took my first look at it I thought the same thing you did - that I wasn't going to like it, but after about 2 laps my confidence was up and it was alot of fun to ride. The only reason I don't think I'd go back is that it was so far from my house - about 130 miles. It was fun, though.

Sunday was my first time there also. I love the MX layout. It did get way to dusty later in the day. Almost to the point of not being fun any more. The new owners are cool and fun was had by all.

Yes it is very far 150 for me but when you stay for the weekend it is worth it.And it was very dusty.Dwayne the owner tried his best to keep the dust down . Overall I had fun I would go back but would like too see the super-cross track bigger and on the motocross there were some big rocks that need to be removed and make the track a little wider.It has potential to become a great track I guess give them more time.

Are you sure it was rocks and not just rock hard dirt?What they need to do with that MX track is actually till it and add some saw dust into it to try to hold some moisture.Im sure if it was even just tilled it would hold pretty decent considereing the ammount of people that go there.

They put a new table-top in on the SX track right before the whoops.Im not sure what the point of that was but its there and its dumb.I think a jump is alittle small when you overjump it in 1st gear from the inside of the turn.They then decided to take the single before the whoops out making the whoops incredibly easy to quad-single instead of the standard tripple double.They also pushed the first turn out more so you have more of a run up to the step-up.Kinda dumb as well but I see the point in doing that one.

But really whatever they do is better for the track than anything George has done for that track the past 2 or 3 years.Its nice that someone atleast cares what people think there now.