Sign in to follow this  

Pitster, Sikk or SSR?

I'm looking for a bike for recreational riding, dirt roads, trails, occasional small jumps, etc...no trashing. I'm 6 feet tall and 165 lbs and looking for something I could spend an hour or two on without the rumpus onfireus syndrone:moon:. Needs to be dependable and maintainable (easy Parts and upgrades). Budget up to $1400ish. Pitster 125X, Sixx MX 125XL-A or SSR125-E? Thanks for any advice...

SSR125-E is a sweet ride IMO. it has pretty good sized wheels and a taller seat height.

that one gets my vote, i am thinking of buying it myself

W/ sikk MX, you'll get great customer service. However, to be honest, I had to upgrade the rear shock and the seat to get a more comfortable ride. I haven't ridden the Pitster, or the SSR, so I can't really compare the three. Also w/ my Sikk MX, I have found that 95% of all upgrades are fairly easy, and about anything will fit it. This does not include motor mods. Finally, most people in this forum will tell you to go w/ Pitster....plus if you don't own a pitster, then they won't respond to any of your troubleshooting questions.

the B2 is a sweet bike and the price tag is great. Pitster X2 or X2r is great too if you have the extra $$

I would go with the ssr bike. I have ridden a few of those and i can say that they seem to hold up well and are very very fast. lots of fun.

Thanks for all the good info.

Is there a significant difference in handling in the 10"/12" tire set up vs. the 12"14"?

14/12 is a more stable ride. A lot of riders like the 12/10, for that Pit Bike feeling of being a little out of control and sliding around the track. All comes down to each individuals preference.

I'm looking for a bike for recreational riding, dirt roads, trails, occasional small jumps, etc...no trashing. I'm 6 feet tall and 165 lbs and looking for something I could spend an hour or two on without the rumpus onfireus syndrone:moon:. Needs to be dependable and maintainable (easy Parts and upgrades). Budget up to $1400ish. Pitster 125X, Sixx MX 125XL-A or SSR125-E? Thanks for any advice...

What ever you do do not Buy a Sikk Mx 125xl We bought one for my Girlfriends Kid he is 14 and it has exactly 2 1/2 hours of total ride time 2 practices and 2 race days and heres what we found:

120cc Lifan Motor Problems: The Motor hits neutrals when shifting fron 3rd to 2nd. The Clutch slips even with the correct free play adjustment.

Suspension Problems: The Forks weep and Leak, the Rear shock lock rings keep loosening up, The bushings are pounding out of the Rear shock. The Swingarm bushings are pounding out also and a major problem is in the works

Wheels: Something Major is going on with these the Inside crush spacer must be way off cause you cant even tighten the wheel without it locking up (It will not spin freely)

Very Dissapointed in the whole bike..... :thumbsup:

I have had the Pleasure of testing Different Motor combinations and tweeking the suspension in a 06' Pitster 125X and Except for a few small issues with the Swingarm Configureation the whole bike was great....(I own a Pitster X2R)

I cant comment on any SSR's other than when I raced against them they either pull off the track with Motor issues or I have heard some major Clunks comming from them landing off of Jumps...?

Hope this sheds some light on whats out there... :ride:

Is there a significant difference in handling in the 10"/12" tire set up vs. the 12"14"?

can't race 14/12 in the 50 classes....

I cant comment on any SSR's other than when I raced against them they either pull off the track with Motor issues or I have heard some major Clunks comming from them landing off of Jumps...?

I just love broad idiotic responses like this. We race SSR's all the time and have yet to have one on the side of the track with a motor issue. In fact at the last race we put on their were 5 of our customers with their SSR bikes competing and not one of them had any issues. If there are riders who you race with that have a clunking sound on their bikes, when they jump, then they should learn to tighten their chains. Sounds like they are about as dumb as your comments.

i'll 2nd the comments by outlaw about SSR bikes. I race mine every chance I get and i've never had a problem. My current SSR racebike has taken some insane crashes and not ever missed a beat.

I just love broad idiotic responses like this. We race SSR's all the time and have yet to have one on the side of the track with a motor issue. In fact at the last race we put on their were 5 of our customers with their SSR bikes competing and not one of them had any issues. If there are riders who you race with that have a clunking sound on their bikes, when they jump, then they should learn to tighten their chains. Sounds like they are about as dumb as your comments.

I called it like I saw it...Period..... :thumbsup: Nothing Idiotic about it I would have liked to tried Both SSR bikes But they Both quit running and they Looked like Brand new I dont know what else to say Couldnt Tell which Models they were the guys didn't stick around long enough to go and Help or Talk to...You should know Me By Now that I dont BASH anything without Having some kind of Time on or Owning But from What I saw didn't make for a good showing..... I have not seen any other SSR bikes at any of the Local Pitbike Events perhaps you should Get some Dealers going up here in the North East as the Pitster Pros are a Big Hit

And The race was an out of ordinary GNCC type pitbike Race

Later-Oldschool