Wife's got a new ride

Thought you thumpette's would like to see my wife's new ride. She's been thru quite a few as we've struggled to find just the right balance of power and weight, along with good ergonomics (she's 5'-11"). Well, after a KLX250 (no guts or suspension), an XR400 (PIG!), a KTM 200MXC (too much boost!), a GG 300XC (too much fun for me), we've landed an '02 Yamaha YZ250f all tricked out with gold Excel wheels, Protapers, hotcams, '03 decompressor, Kibblewhite valves and springs, and an FMF powercore 4. Oh yeah both ends have been revalved and sprung too! Her first time around the trail loop she took it pretty easy, but soon she was rowing the gear box like she grew up on it. Does a guy's heart good to hear his woman tearing up the trails on a new bike! She's pretty happy with the way it feels, good and stable and pretty light too. I still may throw a flywheel weight on it to keep her from stalling but it looks like this is the one. Thanks for letting me brag on my beauty!

Just before the hillclimb:

DSCF2322.jpg

Coming around the loop:

DSCF2358.jpg

Shameless plug for my little girl:

DSCF2373.jpg

I wondered how long it would take for the gear nazis to strike :ride: . She's got the gear and chose not to wear some of it today (something about me not taking her thru 5 miles of hell today). Maybe ya'll could help her with the elbows up thing - I've tried to instruct her that way but she says it hurts to twist um that way ? . Thanks!

I wondered how long it would take for the gear nazis to strike :applause: . She's got the gear and chose not to wear some of it today (something about me not taking her thru 5 miles of hell today). Maybe ya'll could help her with the elbows up thing - I've tried to instruct her that way but she says it hurts to twist um that way :ride: . Thanks!

I was tellin' ya to tell the *baby* to keep her elbows up. ?

peace,

janette

While the comment was directed towards the younger of the girls (who actually has perfect LEFT elbow position, she's just doing a one hander... ? ), have your wife think of it as doing pushups, a wide stance is easier because it gives you more leverage/lateral control, and your chest muscles are more in play rather than your weaker triceps doing all the work.

Maybe ya'll could help her with the elbows up thing - I've tried to instruct her that way but she says it hurts to twist um that way :ride: . Thanks!

Tell her to think of twisting the throttle like turning a doorknob, rather than just awkwardly bending the wrist down into it... that makes the 'elbows up' position seem more natural. Thinking of that concept helped me! ?

Thanks for all the suggestions and sorry for the little missunderstanding ? I'll pass on the suggestions and see how she feels - we're headed for northern Wyoming for a week or so for riding and four-wheeling. The little miss is 13 months and already digs the dirt bikes (taken her to races since she was 4mo.). Can't wait to get her a bike. Thanks again gals!

• 2 weeks later...

Nice bike!!!!

I hope my hubby enjoys when we all ride together. I hope I don't "embarrass" him too much. I am still at a slower pace, but I don't do so bad. My daughter blows me away on her KX100, but it sure is fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seat time...seat time....seat time!!

(Gotta ride today.)